F1 » Kubica wins on latest rally outing

Robert Kubica takes another rally win

Filter Comments: All | Registered

cobalt - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 5:32 PM

and he did it with faulty breaks...

there are some clips on youtube, Robert Kubica's Insane Flyby at Rally di Como

It has been said that he drives rally car like an f1 car, close to the wall, trying best lines etc.

Olek135i - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 9:51 PM

@Maxx

With your reasoning, I guess Zinardi is not an F1 driver anymore either. Just an invalid. Oh and Schumacher too after Brazil cause let's face it, he doesn't have a future in F1 either.

BRM H16 - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 11:42 PM

Olek 135i

.......and your point is? Whatever they have achieved in the past, neither Zinardi or Schumacher are considered top flight F1 drivers who are likely to be signed up for the 2013 season.

Dylan - Unregistered

November 21, 2012 4:04 AM

maybe he can come to grips with some series that would allow steearing help for him as sadly his wrist and right hand still has no movement if he regains at least the wrist movement that would help.

Oli

November 21, 2012 5:54 AM

Kubica was recently quoted on the BBC website as saying he doesn't have the movement in his arm and wrist to drive single seaters.

What the article did not make clear was whether that is a permanent thing, and he expects he will never be able to return to F1, or whether that is just the current situation, and perhaps after a year of rallying it will have improved enough to offer a return to F1.

Perhaps no one knows yet.

I continue to hope we shall one day see Robert back in an F1 car, it would be a fantastic story. However, even if that cannot happen I think it would be great to see him in the WRC full time. The series will need a new start with Loeb stopping.

Oli

Maxx - Unregistered

November 21, 2012 6:08 AM

Olek135i, what I am is a realist. What happened to RK was terrible, that doesn't take away from his time in F-1, however there are to many young drivers with sponsors in hand waiting for a drive in F-1. None of the top teams can take a chance on him, and, unfortunately, the bottom half of the grid wants drivers who can pay their bills. I will always think that Robert's carreer in F-1 is incomplete.

As for Zanardi, also tragic, but, with his drive to compete he has found ways to fulfill his passion. I was glad that I got to see him race in person several times in Cart/ChampCar,and can say I never remember another driver who seemed to want to win as much as he did. That is how I think of him first.

Nick636

November 21, 2012 6:33 AM

I think this guy is possibly the most talented driver to emerge in recent years. Possibly even better than Seb and Alonso. I hope he can make a return. He is so good for the sport.

Otherwise, there is always WRC where I am sure he would excel.