F1 » 'Mixed emotions' for Hamilton in McLaren finale

Lewis Hamilton had admitted to having 'mixed emotions' ahead of his final race for McLaren, the team with which he'll have competed in 110 Grand Prix events over six years.

Taipan

November 25, 2012 12:20 PM

No wonder you have mixed emotions, 6 years in a top team, having a race winning car every season and the best reliability of any driver in F1 history. Yet after all the hype only one championship thanks to a huge slice of luck.
You might not be the sharpest tool in the box but I would imagine even you will look back next season when you're slithering about in that Merc and realise just how lucky you were to have 6 years at McLaren, shame you couldn't deliver the goods.

Billy - Unregistered

November 25, 2012 12:36 PM

Maybe he wanted to try something different? Maybe there are things we dont know about. I dunno.

Unfortunately you'll never know Taipan because..

1. You are not him.

2. The closest you get to F1 is commenting this website.

Hamster - Unregistered

November 25, 2012 12:38 PM

Hammy dont worry you would be fine, you were the only one who brought home their only title in 14 seasons, despite having Coultard, Kimi, Montoya, Alonso, Heikki and Button on their books.

Hamster - Unregistered

November 25, 2012 1:04 PM

2009

Maybe Alonso should lobby to have Timo Gloak as a number 2 driver at Scuderia may be his luck would change since 2006, I could imagine if it was Glock instead Petrov that was in-front of him in Abu Dhabi 2010. May be (oh he still had to pass Rosberg)

me of course! - Unregistered

November 25, 2012 1:11 PM

I wouldnt say that the Mclaren was very reliable this year. They have let him down and themselves down.

Also spy gate wasnt the best affair, to be honest.

I think they are a great team, just had some issues this year. Maybe Ron Dennis the control freak is getting a little old.

But then again, I only watch the races.

Strider

November 25, 2012 1:15 PM

Taipan, the fact you stated that Lewis has had the a car with the best reliability of any driver in F1 history means that everything else you say loses creditability.

Wish Lewis all the best with his Mercedes adventure, it may take a little while but I'm sure they will find success together

Taipan

November 25, 2012 1:51 PM

Strider, In his 109 F1 races Lulu has had 5 mechanical DNF's, now since you have questioned my credibility why don't you justify your claim and tell me of any driver in F1 history that has entered 109 races and has had less than 5 mechanical DNF's.

I'll give you a hand, you won't find one. As usual what I say is 100% factual and as usual I can back up my claims. That's why you fanboys hate what I post so much. As long as there are delusional fanboys I'll keep putting you right, and I'll keep having a good laugh at you expense.

1 2  »