F1 » Donations roll in for Kobayashi

Fans show support for Kamui Kobayashi's bid to be on the 2013 F1 grid

Filter Comments: All | Registered

JJJ - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 2:48 PM

Paul di Resta is shaking in his boots at the prospect of FI contracting Koba and him being beaten for the third year in a row by 3 different teammates.

mike - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 2:50 PM

I like this bloke, he deserves a seat. However, pay driver or not, you don't get to F1 because you're poor. I'd rather see the 500K go to a worthy charity, instead of fluffing someones career feathers, nice bloke or not. I'm sure he could muster most of the required value from his families own coffers. If not he's got a good enough rep to go to another series. But if we're thinking about donating, how about taking a step back and donating to something that actually helps the disadvantaged, rather than helping someone whos had more than their fair share of money / fame etc already?

tucker - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:09 PM

Mike-

Kobayashi's dad runs his own restaurant, so he doesn't come from money or a family with any racing experience, Koba has done this on his own with the help of getting signed by Toyota development scheme. Just to get the record straight.

mike - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:22 PM

tucker:
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't aware.
However, I wouldn't expect people to donate such vast amounts of money to me so I can pursue a career of any kind. Regardless of background, it sits funny with me that people will donate vast amounts of money so someone can CONTINUE to enjoy a life most people only dream of, but will probably not help the blokesleeping in a cardboard box. Like I said, he could get a ride in most series bacuase he has been impressive. You mention Toyota - why don't they stump it up? Why doesn't Japan stump it up to keep a Jap driver in the international spotlight? Like I said - I like him, and it's nice that people want to help him, but STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE WORLD. How many disadvantaged kids could go karting for 500K?? LOTS!!!!!!

Zeyar - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:24 PM

Ironically, Koba is one of the few drivers that don't come from money. He's got to where he is on talent alone. If he wasn't in F1, he'd be working at his dad's sushi shop. He's hardly monied. Although I do agree that there are much more noble causes than getting an F1 driver a seat, people should spend their money however they wish.

paul - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:37 PM

mike,please get off your soapbox.You are all entitled to NHS and a list of benefits as long as your arm and if you want to see kids in go carts ,lobby your MP.Im going to give my money to kobi and homeless dogs.

SAM'S MUM - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:39 PM

If people got money to throw around whats it got to do with you mike, poverty stems from corrupt governments not the man in the street, and if they got money, throw it at motorbike racing, a real man's sport,

Amigo - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:45 PM

Mike, these donation come from his Japanese fans and they want to see their hero Kobayashi in F1 cockpit next year. This is some kind of sponsoring Kamui Kobayashi by F1 fans.
I want to see him in Force India rather than Caterham.
He deserved cockpit in top team.

1 2 3 4 5  »