F1 » Vettel title hangs in balance

Sebastian Vettel could be stripped of his third F1 world championship if it can be proved that he passed Jean-Eric Vergne under yellow flags at Interlagos on Sunday.

gweed - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:23 AM

Vergne was letting Vettel past. Some websites say there was a marshaller waving a green flag in that yellow zone, although it happens to fast so I can't see it really. I hope he keeps his title, hopefully the FIA will take in account the fact that it was a torro rosso, so he was gonna pass him anyway.
I'm getting fed up with Ferrari, I will never buy one! lol

Matt - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:25 AM

I could see a green light when he was overtaking. Its also a straight and there was no incident on that straight. Good enough for me. Ferrari are a shambles, and the image they are portraying is very bad. Alonso is a crying baby and massa is the whipping boy. Very dubious team ethically and in my opinion they do not deserve it.

Most poll's most race wins

well done sebby v

Wade - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:27 AM

Do you all here what you are saying? You're saying that Alonso and Ferrari are cheats, when the question is whether or not Vettel's the cheat! Protesting a result is NOT cheating! The FIA deciding whether or not to investigate it is NOT cheating!

For Fernando to lose a championship to Vettel because Vettel CHEATED would be ridiculous! No driver would want to find out that they should have won a championship but didn't because the stewards didn't spot someone breaking the rules.

Fernando and Ferrari haven't broken any rules this year, no matter how many times you say it happened. Red Bull have. Get over yourselves.

SpeedD - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:30 AM

hahahahaha! Tapin, Richard and all the young girls will be crying under their pillows once their little idol Bieber gets stripped of the 2012 Driver's title to hand it to the worthy champion. Rules are rules.

SpydrSS - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:31 AM

Alonso vs Vettel?

No its not, Its Risk vs Rewards. Vettel knew he had to gain places, he was overzealous in overtaking, lets just blame redbull... Vettels car accelerated a bit too fast... Not his fault :p

Paul Mills - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:31 AM

I am a vettel Fan, and wanted him to win the drivers title, even though I thought Alonso was the best driver given the machinery he had, But RULES ARE RULES, and if Proven then he should be stripped of the crown and Alonso awarded the title,
I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot then indeed red bull would see it that way as well And lodge a complaint. PERIOD!!

Gweed - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:32 AM

Wade,

lighten' up dude, I didn't say Ferrari cheat. I think people are just getting fed up with their behavior. I'm one of them. Radio communications in Italian, until Fernando needs a safety car or a drive through for someone else (Monza) they switch to quite slick english, and so on and so forth!
If that is how they want to win championships, fair enough, but a lot of racing fans dislike their ethics. That's not that hard to understand I hope.

cheers

GL - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 9:35 AM

Rules,Rules,Rules... I don't particularly favour ferrari (or Alonso for that matter) but then again not a fan of vettel.But rules are rules in motor racing. I think we can all agree on that. Ferrari don't have to demand an investigation, it's already in the lap of the officials. Alonso may be pushing this but I think it will look bad for him if he does - It will "cheapen" Alonso's championship year if it goes his way, because he has shown some brilliance this year dragging a sub-standard F1 car to where it is

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »