F1 » Ferrari considers Vettel matter closed

Ferrari says the controversy over Sebastian Vettel's suggested yellow flag overtake on Jean-Eric Vergne in Brazil is at an end

Objective

November 30, 2012 11:03 PM

This issue blew up and Ferrari sought a clarification. I think this should be the end of it. Whether or not Ferrari was the villain in all of this is quite irrelevant as a ruling was needed because even with the clarification some people refuse to accept the truth.

The fact that the Ferrari name has been tarnished by this and the Austin incident is also something the people at Ferrari must consider. A company like Ferrari really needs to protect its brand image better.

It is a shame that a great season had to end this way.

richard

December 01, 2012 8:02 AM

ferrari now saying that they only asked for clarification, "for the good of the sport" and because it wanted to have the sprrious claims corrected. further, they are again saying that ferdi "deserved" the title, still no comment congratulating seb though. poor show!

Rod01 - Unregistered

December 01, 2012 11:15 AM

They had to try. It remains controversial to me, it just doesnt seem right the way that race panned out. Well done to Nico Hulkenburg though fro completing after his accedent.

107SS2009

December 01, 2012 12:50 PM

It was right when FERRARI send the letter to the FIA that they said they are asking for a clarification about the Vettel's episode which was making headlines across the globe with the resultant conspiracies (exactly like it's still happening over here by people which at least I considered that they should know batter).
Two days ago when the FERRARI clarification letter subject made headlines on here (Crash Net) I said that in my personal opinion the race results should not be changed, but having said that I also consider that it was FERRARI'S duty to ask for a clarification given everything that was going on at the time.
Yes Alonso did deserve the title as much as vettel did, some even say he deserved it more but I suspect that a least some of them supports only Vettel and RBR although they say they supports others too.

Taipan

December 01, 2012 1:48 PM

Richard, I'm surprised that you have lost "trust" in Ferrari, it's not as though they did anything underhanded or secretive, they openly asked the FiA a question and when they were answered they accepted it and said case closed. What's wrong with that?
I think it would have been bad for F1 if the World Championship changed hands after a week but it would also have been bad for F1 if it was believed that the World Champion had escaped a penalty that could have changed the championship outcome.
I wanted to see Alonso win the championship but I'm glad this saga is closed as it's the best outcome for the sport.

Taipan

December 01, 2012 2:01 PM

As for the gearbox penalty in Austin, again nothing underhanded or secretive, they asked the FiA if they could do it, they said yes. They were completely open about it, it would have been easy to "engineer" a problem but they didn't.
Their simulations suggested that both cars would have lost 2 places on the first lap starting in their original positions so it made sense to try something.

I'm also surprised at your negativity towards Alonso, he has driven and led Ferrari brilliantly this season. I'd much rather see Felipe win than Alonso and I hope that happens next season but as long as Alonso is delivering the goods at Ferrari good luck to him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »