F1 » Ferrari considers Vettel matter closed

Ferrari says the controversy over Sebastian Vettel's suggested yellow flag overtake on Jean-Eric Vergne in Brazil is at an end

Taipan

December 01, 2012 9:22 PM

Richard, I have to agree, nothing that RBR (that I know of) was against the rules. But equally nothing that Ferrari did was against the rules including team orders and breaking gearbox seals.
All in all it was a bloody good season fought between 2 great teams and 2 great drivers and they both played the rules to the best of their advantage, that's why I don't have a problem with Ferrari asking the FiA for clarification of Vettel's yellow flag overtake in Brazil, because I'm sure you know that RBR would have done exactly the same if the shoe had been on the other foot.

107SS2009

December 01, 2012 9:32 PM

The results of some races won by RBR or the points they gained from them were illegal as proved by the FIA ordering RBR to change the items concerned (raced with), while the results stood only thanks to rival teams/squads not protesting the results.
There were more than one instant where RBR raced with an illegal item on the car, with one item (declared illegal by the FIA they scored 45 points including two wins more than other teams in that period.
There is a term in Italian, not clearly translatable “FARE IL FURBO” it's somewhere between being cleaver and devious, RBR is naturally rife with “FORBI” but currently RBR are the champs.

JohnO - Unregistered

December 01, 2012 9:38 PM

"In many cases concerning RBR this year the FIA rather than punish RBR intent preferred to put a patch on the wording of the rules, with the effect of RBR being allowed to keep the points gained in some of the cases illegally."

That's a highly creative interpretation of the facts. The FIA explicitly cleared RBR of any wrongdoing. The FIA did not "put a patch on the wording of the rules". They extensively rewrote them.

There are two sets of rules in F1 - the rules as they appear on the printed page and the rules as they exist in Charlie Whiting's head. Every so often Whiting realizes that the two are not entirely identical, so we see these - ahem! - "clarifications" to the printed rules to bring them closer to what is in Whitings mind.

JohnO - Unregistered

December 01, 2012 9:45 PM

"The results of some races won by RBR or the points they gained from them were illegal as proved by the FIA ordering RBR to change the items concerned"

I think we can safely conclude that your day job is not that of judge or barrister, or even jury member. But congratulations on being a worse loser than Fernando Alonso. Everybody should have some goal they can strive for.

107SS2009

December 01, 2012 10:28 PM

“Sunny, the simple fact is that RBR were never found to be illegal” so all the facts I stated are wrong, well I am not going to prevent you from your right saying/believing that, but I fully stand with all I said, as to “evidence to say it was being done”, one last fact, and JohnO, read on and in the process learn some.
The FIA should have disqualified RBR and not let them start the race in Monaco, not the sort of thing one wants in Monaco, not with that enormous Red Bull energy centre floating in the middle of the harbour, Jean Todt himself intervened with other teams to stop them from protesting the win, the end result, they kept the win and the points and now they are champs.
Richard, as I said, you have truly chosen to open this can of RBR/FIA worms, now I am off for some hi spin.

Schu-4-ever - Unregistered

December 01, 2012 11:20 PM

Dudes ... I agree with both sides. Yes RBR pushed the rules WAY to far ... but got away with it! Alo did an amazing job (and I'm no Alo fan). Yes FIA let so much go and that could have altered the results. I'm personally glad they didn't and what a fantastic championship we had. Let's get on to 2013 and prey it's this exciting, even without Schumi the GREAT!

JohnO - Unregistered

December 01, 2012 11:46 PM

"JohnO, read on and in the process learn some.
The FIA should have disqualified RBR and not let them start the race in Monaco"

Well, I read on. But I didn't learn anything. You offer no reason why the FIA should have disqualified RBR and not let them race in Monaco. You didn't even attempt to do so.

What you want to see is what is called an "ex post facto" law, in which behavior which was not a crime at the time is retroactively penalized. For instance, the state might announce that the 40MPH speed limit on that road you drive every day is now 30MPH - and the change is retroactive to three years ago. And here are your 843 speeding tickets for your "speeding" during that time! The courts take a dim view of such laws, for obvious reasons.

107SS2009

December 02, 2012 1:44 AM

JohnO, so after reading some more you didn't learn any, well you have to try harder, but don't be a one eyed as otherwise it will be useless of me talking to you.
Talking to a man the calibre of Richard which originally I was talking too before you jumped into the fray there was no need to go into detail about what I was saying.
Now that you seems interested let's try confuse you some more.
The engine mapping RBR were using was another blatant breach of the rules regardless of the FIA having to once again patch up the rules interpretations with words as what RBR were doing constituted both lunch and traction control, and again what they gained they kept, as I said, RBR are full to the brim with “FORBI” and a note here, if you don't know the meaning of “FORBI” don't try googol translate as it will not give you the real meaning of it.

JohnO - Unregistered

December 02, 2012 5:50 AM

"The engine mapping RBR were using was another blatant breach of the rules"

Not in the opinion of the FIA, obviously, which explicitly said that RBR had NOT breached the rules. But I notice that you are quite impervious to facts, so I'll let you carry on your way.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8  »