F1 » Button confident in 2013 Pirelli rubber

Jenson Button sure the new Pirelli tyre will be better suited to his driving style

Gazza1JB

December 05, 2012 12:23 PM

I hope so, this years tyres were bizarre at times, hopefully there more like lasts years, its the operating window that i didnt like, with a wider range u will get more teams and drivers getting it right at the same track/time each week making for better racing and throw in some higher degredation and should be an interesting year unless someone has a dominant car

Hertfordshire - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 12:31 PM

Yes Jb the car and designers at Mclaren have had to adapt a decent car for the 2012 tires this season which has hit them hard but not as hard as having the EBD taken from a team who mastered the concept of diverting the exhaust gases under the car and at the rear diffuser. Red Bull has been hit harder than anyone else this season regards the changes in the 2012 regs but as still come out on top again.

Anyway good luck to the new no1 at Mclaren who seems very confident for next year

Smokin - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 12:51 PM

Hertfordshire,

The more teams that can use the tyres the better.

Now stop making sensible contributions, go find that ticket, and upgrade your Corsa to a McLaren!

Liam48

December 05, 2012 1:21 PM

I hope next years tires are more like the 2011 compounds which are easier to get working but degrade quicker rather than this years tires which were harder to get working but lasted longer.

Good luck Jenson I hope you can have a great season next year.

Rob D 76 - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 1:59 PM

@ Ginger....... I'm thinking you won't be able to put them on the 'wrong' side of the car and run them backwards? Like roadcar tyres? But I agree with more accessable tyres with more degredation. :-)

Rob D 76 - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 3:13 PM

@Ginger

Yes roadcar tyres are directional for water dispersion, but maybe slicks are directional due to the way they are manufactured? I really don't know so this is my best guess :p

jim crint - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 4:46 PM

All this constant change in the tyre department is so, well, tiresome. With DRS, KERS and highly degradable rubber, it all feels a bit much to me. I try not to think about it as I want to believe the racing is genuine. Sometimes I think it's become all a bit too easy.

1 2  »