F1 » Warwick: Hamilton must be thinking, 'What have I done!'

Derek Warwick: Mercedes are working on a new car but their performance this year was not just disappointing, it was very, very poor

Pole Position - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 8:37 PM

@ richard I'm not the one making comments about Hamilton. I still believe there's more to him leaving Mclaren than just race wins and WDC's. You can tell the guy was unhappy. He couldn't wait to get out of there. The truth behind him leaving Mclaren will come out eventually. "No Wins" Warwick is just trying to keep his name in the news.

richard

December 07, 2012 9:18 PM

polo. quote from jose "hambut fan i is". i reckon that his dog made a dash for freedom, and is still running, being chased by jose in his 100ft rv.

re earlier post. i agree that lulu was disillusioned with macca. why do you think that he was knocking on others doors? but i also believe, that the decision wa initially made before monaco, and only schumis speed there, caused a delay on the part of merc. they thought that they had made a breakthrough, unfortunately mistakenly.
what i am surprised at is your dismissal of warwick just because he has no wins. but as i said, he was not a bad racer, and there are many drivers who wish they had gotten the results that warwick had. also, i guess that he was asked a question and answered it, which he is entitled and knowledgabe enough to do.
fia consider him experienced enough to be one of the stewards.

Mark _

December 07, 2012 9:28 PM

@Pole Position - I realize that it was very difficult to decipher Jose's posts but it was pretty clear that he is a Hamilton fanboy of the highest order. Given how prolific he was I was really expecting to see a flurry of posts from him following the USGP. Shocked I is.

Pole Position - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 9:42 PM

@ richard My bad. I didn't know that much about Warwick. I'll get off his back. @ Mark That's the difference between me and guys like Jose. I'm an objective Hamilton fan. I don't worship at Hamilton's alter. I give it to u straight. Gin no OJ.

Liam48 - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 9:54 PM

I was never born when Warwick raced in F1 but I looked up a small biography online about him a few months ago and what I read was quite interesting!

Basically he was tipped to be a great driver but he went to the wrong teams at the wrong time. I think he went to either Lotus (don't hold me to that as I'm not quite sure which team it was) as they started to decline but he punched above the cars limits and got good results & podiums.

I think people should look more in depth into someone's career before you slate them. Warwick is the BRDC president now. I think he has a very valid opinion more than most on here.

Pole Position - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 10:30 PM

@ Liam48 This all just speculation by Warwick. Maybe, he should talk to the man before giving his opinion and that's all it is his opinion. Nobody, but Hamilton knows why he really left Mclaren. It's over. Time to move on.

Liam48

December 07, 2012 11:07 PM

@Pole Position have you maybe thought that Warwicks comments may have been taken out of context?

Maybe a reporter asked him "what do you think of Hamiltons move to Mercedes?" Then he replied "in my opinion..." which the media probably took out to cause a stir because that's what the media do.

Sometimes Hamilton fans need to stop jumping to conclusions & let people have their opinions rather than slating everyone that mentions Hamilton!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »