F1 » Vote for your 2012 F1 Driver of the Year

The title race went to the wire, with two of the sport's biggest names vying for the crown, but F1 2012 was more than that, with eight different winners and some unexpected names in unfamiliar places. But who deserves the title of driver of the year?

superdowg316 - Unregistered

December 08, 2012 12:06 PM

I have to give Raikkonen my top honours (no, I'm not a fanboy). He's done excellent for someone who has been gone for two years and has to cope with all the new gizmos and gadgets since 2009. Karthikeyan gets my lowest honours, showing no pace, letting Marussia and Caterham overtake them in advantages, making poor De La Rosa do the work and getting in faster drivers' way makes him my dunce of 2012.

mrfill

December 08, 2012 12:34 PM

The championship result reflects who were the best drivers. The top 3 were certainly the class of the field.
Seb outclassed his team mate in an 'equal' team. Fernando gathered points consistently with a patchy car and Kimi proved he hadn't lost any sparkle.
Not much to choose between them.
Of the rest, most had the odd flash of brilliance but were not consistent enough to get the results.

rjbetty - Unregistered

December 08, 2012 12:49 PM

I enjoy doing these point and click reviews. This is how I voted:

10 - Alonso
9 - Hamilton, Vettel
8 - Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, Maldonado, Schumacher
7 - Webber, Button, Perez, Grosjean, Rosberg, Pic, Petrov, Kovalainen
6 - di Resta, Massa, Senna, Ricciardo, Glock, de la Rosa
5 - Kobayashi, D'Ambrosio, Vergne,
4 - Karthikeyan

Liam48

December 08, 2012 1:23 PM

I had to give the full marks to Kimi, Alonso & Vettel but I believe Kimi edges ahead as he has done a spectacular job having been out since 2009.

Although I don't like Hamilton I have him a 9 & Jenson a 6 who had a bad year.

Karthikeyan only got one vote from me as he was a disaster all year. He always blocked the other drivers.

blublz

December 08, 2012 2:36 PM

Vettel and Alonso were huge, Hamilton was pretty awesome, but I gotta go for Kimi Raikkonen, he does exactly what it says on the tin, 'race', closely followed by 'the hulk' (im sure he was the reason for Di Resta getting a bit tetchy towards the end of the season)

sodesu - Unregistered

December 08, 2012 3:04 PM

10 - Alonso
9 - Raikkonen, Vettel
8 - Hamilton, Perez, Kobayashi
7 - Schumacher, Hulkenberg, Webber, Button
6 - Maldonado, di Resta, Massa, Ricciardo, Grosjean, Rosberg
5 - Petrov, Glock, D'Ambrosio, Vergne, Senna, Kovalainen
4 - Pic, de la Rosa
3 - Karthikeyan

Seeing it like this I realise I was probably a bit too generous to the Sauber boys - I like them and I think they did spectacularly well on occasions but they were also both very uneven. Alonso gets the tenner for doing a brilliant job all season long in a car was never fastest and occasionally wasn't even the second, third or fourth fastest. That is seriously impressive.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »