F1 » F1 Driver of the Year vote: 4th

You voted Sebastian Vettel into 4th place in Crash.net's F1 Driver of the Year poll!

pc - Unregistered

December 28, 2012 10:47 AM

At this for me - and NOT being a Vettel fan by any stretch of imagination - this poll lost all credibility

I am not a Vettel supporter and have often posted that in my opinion a large portion of his success is down to driving the most excellent of cars
* *
HOWEVER -this is a ridiculous result and I personally think he should be 2nd to Alonso with possibly Kimi being equal 2nd if not 3rd
* *
Has this poll been set up purely to inflame 'Fanboy Wars' to fever pitch ??

steve - Unregistered

December 28, 2012 10:55 AM

I dont know why people are moaning about seb comming fourth? if it is fernando, kimi and lewis ahead of him then it seems quite fair. Seb has been great but so have these three. Fernando and kimi have shown truly epic driving in slightly off the pace cars and lewis has for once been consistantly at the front with only McLaren letting him down, not his own mistakes. All 4 of them have done great.

cassyo

December 28, 2012 10:55 AM

That's what the polls are made for: to counterbalance the real order.
So, don't expect that the two should necessarily provide the same winners.Rather opposite.
But whilst the polls are numberless,the real rankings are the ones remembered.

ImaMotoracer - Unregistered

December 28, 2012 11:50 AM

Seriously can someone please explain to me what hamilton did to merit a top 3 in this list!!!!! And why isn't vettel higher up?? Sure adrian newey had a lot to do with the great performance of the car in the last few races but even so I think seb thoroughly deserved it this year. All I can say is please god don't let lou lou come above raikkonen, that's just not right!!!

Martin (not Whitmarsh) - Unregistered

December 28, 2012 12:35 PM

"Seriously can someone please explain to me what hamilton did to merit a top 3 in this list!!!!!"

Drove flawlessly like a world champion all year.
Outclassed the dude at No. 5 in the poll.
Didn't go missing for half the year when his car wasn't on the pace, unlike the dude at No. 4.
Without reliability problems and team screw ups would have been in the WDC fight right to the end.

rob01

December 28, 2012 12:36 PM

He wasn't even voted the best by the team principles. I was told on high authority that the team priciples are the most respescted vote on the grid. Bull and I don't mean Red Bull.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »