F1 » BBC names new F1 presenter, live races

Suzi Perry will front the ten races that the BBC shows live during the 2013 F1 season, having been selected to replace Jake Humphrey.

adam - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 1:57 PM

Expecting the usual negative comments by certain people on here but i for one will welcome Suzi, no secret she is a keen petrol head, done a good job for the BBC with her WSBK and Moto GP coverage for may years, sad to see jake go but a good replacement.

ALDO2654 - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 2:11 PM

The BBC conning its F1 viewers again, as when it was announced they would be only showing 10 races live each season, the only 2 guaranteed live races were meant to be Britain & Monaco.

I will still be watching them rather SKY, as it is s**te. Secondly, I will definitely "NOT" give the Murdochs and the little troll my money.

Also I slightly fancy Suzi & Lee.

Redstone - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 2:12 PM

For me it was a sad day when Suzi stopped commentating on Moto GP.
But with the news that Suzi will once again grace our screens with her enthusiasm and knowledge of motorsports she will more than fill the void left by Jake.
All I wonder is how EJ is going to be able to concentrate on the Grand Prixs?

Jay - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 4:25 PM

I was having nightmares about the Beeb recycling Jonathan Ledgard.A man who made Murray Walker seem like the poet laureate ! Suzi's a good,sensible choice. Although I think Lee McKenzie may have good cause to be upset.And,assuming she sticks around next year,you have to wonder at the behind-the-scenes girlie tensions. May be better viewing than some of the races !

Cleme1 - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 4:56 PM

Yes she was good with bikes no question but I feel sorry for Lee Mcenzie proven knows the drivers and crews excellent personality and great interviewer .To me seriously overlooked.

Futini - Unregistered

December 21, 2012 5:06 PM

I do enjoy the slagging off of the Sky coverage by those who have seen none of it and admit that by stating they will never pay for it.

I have actually enjoyed the one year of Sky more than the 3 years of renewed BBC coverage before the change. Brundle/Croft are an awesome pairing. My main bugbear with the BBC coverage is that the warm up show is nearly always about the presenters, whereas on Sky they spend more time with the teams, especially those at the rear of the grid.

Although I do agree it's great to see the BBC have made the right decision with Suzi, a glad to see the back of Jake whateverjobiamdoingismygreatestlove Humphrey.

1 2 3 4 5  »