F1 » Perez 'up for challenge of winning at McLaren'

Sergio Perez knows he had big shoes to fill as he takes Lewis Hamilton's place at McLaren, and there's a lot of work ahead of him if he's to make a successful start to the 2013 season.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

WeStY1989 - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 10:08 AM

should of been hulkenburg in your place perez. perez definatly failed the latter half of the season by not scoring 1 point since signing with mclaren . were as hulk showed he is fast..

WeStY1989 - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 1:01 PM

ovcorse he had a choice he could of took what mclaren offered him even tho he(lewis) didnt think it was enough so he choose to go to mercades this is why he phoned twitmarsh up and told him he was going therfore it was a choice lol :)

David Chaste - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 2:51 PM

I was a fan of Hamilton and still am. But I really believe the best way for mclaren to win a title or a constructors' title is to back up a lead driver after one has established himself. Aside from Hamilton's title in 2008 this team has nothing to brag about for a long while.

I believe by the halfway point of the season they should back up a driver. The teams that have won titles always back up the driver who is having the better season.

Sergio being a new comer it would be understandable if Button took the lead here. This is the best chance since 2009, that Button will have to win another title.

Pole Position - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 4:16 PM

@ 107SS2009 Oh, that's where u are wrong my friend. If u read any of my old comments about the Hamilton/Mclaren relationship u would know I wanted Hamilton to leave Mclaren. Everybody on this forum knows how I feel about Mclaren and their dysfunctional family. Their is something fundamentally wrong with this team. They don't know how to treat people. The problem is with Dennis and Whitmarsh and this problem unfortunately won't go away until both these men are gone. And we don't even want to talk about Button everybody knows how I feel about him. lol

Pole Position - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 4:21 PM

@ 107SS2009 I have one question for u. Why do u keep misspelling the word choice? The correct spelling is choice, not choose.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Please note that not all contributors have english as their first language.

107SS2009

January 12, 2013 7:17 PM

So sorry to sort of irritating you by misspelling the word but thanks to you for getting what was meant.
Your post more or less confirms what I said about your hurt that while Lulu ended out of mcalren JB ended staying put with a stronger position in the team.
Anyhow I wish you and Lulu the best of luck with the new drive. .

Pole Position - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 7:52 PM

@ 107SS2009 I'm a fan of good drivers. I am a fan of Hamilton, but I certainly don't consider him the best best driver in F1. Those honors still go to Fernando Alonso. It's Alonso, Vettel, and then Hamilton. I am no fanboy believe me. I wanted Hamilton to leave Mclaren because he wasn't getting a fair shake and quite frankly it was time for him to move on. Sometimes change is good. As for your spelling difficulties I just pointed it out to u because it's bad grammar.

« 1 2 3