F1 » New home for Sky Sports F1

Sky Sports F1 moves to new home for the 2013 season

joe - Unregistered

January 25, 2013 5:50 PM

So tell me who is carrying F1 in 2013 and how does one in the US access the telecasts?
Is any one going to carry live qualifying and practice like ESPN used to?

thanks,

joe.

Droog - Unregistered

January 25, 2013 6:47 PM

Hi Joe,
As someone who is in the same spot as you, I can tell you that it's not a simple thing to get your hands on the (very good) Sky coverage.
You have a few options, but streaming for me is very inconvenient, as race times can be problematic here in Eastern Standard Time. I am also addicted to F1 in HD, so another limitation of streaming TV video.
I ended up registering with a private tracker and download all of the practices, qually and races in HD. It cost me a few $ to get around any ratio issues, but it has been totally worth it. US/Canadian TV Coverage just plain sucks. As you mentioned, no Practice sessions, and the announcers have absolutely no clue about F1, it's painful to watch, particularly on Speed.
If you send me an email at droog57 at gmail dot com I can send you an invite that will get you past the front page on the site that I'm on, after that it's up to you to maintain your ratio or donate to get around it. But at least you have 50 some days to decide.
Cheers.

SkyBob - Unregistered

January 25, 2013 8:10 PM

Then Droog you need to refine your search some, I killed mine subs years ago. Plz dont ask,(A) because its (T) there (D) just (H) keep (E) looking (24) a dot goes here then net it...................

This way up - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 2:13 PM

That just shows around half the viewers were tight wads.

Sky gives more for fans through out the year. It will only get better this year too.

The tight wads are missing out.

blublz

January 26, 2013 2:49 PM

The 'bells and whistles' offered in the sky package are very good, although when given a choice I tended to go for collins and coulthard commentry (while avoiding eddie blarney jordan) over sky's showbiz approach

Fred - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 3:05 PM

I'm in the us but I watch F1 free on a friends skyplayer account. If you have a skyplayer account you can access use this site.

ukvpn.newfreevpn.com it gives you a british i.p address

1 2  »