F1 » New Ferrari to be more visually appealing than F2012

The new Ferrari, due to be unveiled this Friday, is expected to cover up the stepped nose that featured on the majority of 2012 cars.

Zedd

January 28, 2013 4:02 PM

Ugly, temperamental personality, and ultimately- costly.

But back to F1 and the Ferrari...

Compared to the rest of the field the Ferrari was okay looking. Definitely wouldn't have said no and at least it doesn't look like a tracksuit like the Force India does.

Max Power - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 5:19 PM

The stepped nose on the Ferrari didn't bother me at all, in fact I even started to like this look a lot, as it was different and showed the evolution of F1 cars. The F2012 looked just fine and I really would not have minded if this year's car would have the same stepped nose style as well. Besides the F2012 was quite a successful car and as a Ferrari fan I will always like it. I just hope that this year's Ferrari will be even more successful than last year's.

JDPower - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 11:39 PM

Am I the only one that finds this really stupid? The FIA bring in a rule, the cars are designed to fit the rule, it doesn't look great so they bring in a rule to let teams stick something over the unsightly bit to hide it? Why not just reword the offending rule in the first place? This sounds like the sort of bodge my dad would come up with, not one of the most technologically advanced sport on the planet :rolleyes:

Googolplex

January 29, 2013 5:50 AM

Forget about the cosmetic surgery to the nose and stick with the hooked broken nose look. At least it says you're out to fight rather than out to win the fashion show.

Michael Fornarina - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 7:00 PM

I'm with Max Power,I rather like the modern look of the stepped noses -- And, I hope Ferrari knows what they are doing and are ONLY covering the nose for Aerodynamic benefit..James Allison has said the fairing will add a few grammes of weight but if they find it adds Aero benefit then Lotus will also consider a change. I would prefer Ferrari stick with the step if it is faster choice rather than wasting time with some 'prettier' option.

« 1 2