F1 » Brawn: Hamilton 'part of solution' at Mercedes

Ross Brawn confirms that Lewis Hamilton and team-mate Nico Rosberg have a huge role to play in getting Mercedes to the front of the F1 field in 2013.

richard

February 10, 2013 3:05 PM

to the two plonkers (i could use different words that probably would be censored) who disagreed with my off topic comment....have you the guts to say what there is to disagree with? i doubt it!

richard

February 10, 2013 3:10 PM

anon. i was answering a particular point of michaels, which was rather ridiculous.
yes, brawn were losing in the development race, and had been given the advantage of a ddd, but merc bought a WINNING team, and should have been able to maintain the position, whereas rbr was formed from a low grid team, and had to build a structure.
a hell of a difference.

Senna forever

February 10, 2013 5:12 PM

@ stewie,
according to his fans, MS was going to come back and wipe the floor, in fact I recall Ross Brawn implying the same .... well, he didn't did he and thats what I meant about hype, by the way I did follow Schumi as a fan when he burst onto the scene but quite honestly amid all the bending of rules, cheating and dubious I lost interest pretty quickly, and certainly the Ferrari dominance was just plain boring, the same as the Vettel/Red Bull are proving to be quite honestly. 1 last point regarding MS,even though I no longer supported him, in my view he was the COMPLETE driver of his time, but he AND his team ( which ever that was at the time )never needed to cast a shadow over their achievements by some of the underhand tactics because he was good enough to take a bad car and carry it on his back to a win .... btw I'm not typing through rose tinted spectacles, I'm fully aware of Senna's track conduct at times and I have NEVER condoned or supported him either

Pole Position - Unregistered

February 10, 2013 5:30 PM

@ 107SS2009 You are correct, sir. Mclaren is certainly capable of meeting driver demands. But, there's something missing. They don't know how to treat people. It's a fact all there top drivers leave and never tend to stick around too long. Even their top Engineer Paddy Lowe wants out. Mclaren has an HR problem and as long as that super control freak Ron Dennis is in charge things will never change.

107SS2009

February 10, 2013 6:21 PM

Rob, if there is anyone on here that should know that the vocabulary you have used doesn't pertain to me that should be you, we are basically saying the same thing, both me and you doesn't need being told what mclaren (the team) are capable of when dealing with a driver, and yes, that's what I used to say and that's exactly what I said now “shout from the mounting top's” according to your chosen vocabulary. Re the “beloved driver” again your chosen vocabulary, I might be one of a few on here following the sports that always was of the opinion that a driver is just part of a team, for me a team was always regarded as over and above any part that might constitute the team.

107SS2009

February 10, 2013 6:51 PM

Crash Net/MR Moderator, there might be no need to say it but thanks and well done for (KICKING) KICK IT OUT OF F1 and so from off this F1 forum.
On a different note, can Crash Net please fix the slowness the site has dipped into?.
Pole, I know what I was talking about from experience about “mclaren capabilities”, differing on “if they are right or wrong” is a matter of opinion.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Crash.net is working on the site at present. Speeds will improve.

ghog

February 10, 2013 7:12 PM

Richard

Regarding the stupid dissagrees on your comment.

There are small number of unaccountable loosers out there, don't give them a seconds thought as they really aint worth it!

Update - oh look at the disagrees - MT Vessels

watchyerback - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 1:06 AM

Is there a sticker on the car that says "welcome to the snake pit ?".I wouldn't trust Brawn any further than I can throw him and I will be very surprised if we do not have a Lewis "issue" sometime this season. Rosberg was pretty much in Schueys shadow and now Ross is gushing about Lewis his de facto #1 driver.
Maybe the weight of the stickers can add down force.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »