MotoGP » Sepang II MotoGP test times - Wednesday (Final)

MotoGP lap times as of 6pm - the end of the second day at the second official 2013 test, held at Sepang.

ct - Unregistered

February 27, 2013 10:45 AM

They all had better times at the end of the test two weeks ago:

1. Dani Pedrosa - 2m 0.100s (Lap 4/44)
2. Jorge Lorenzo - 2m 0.429s (4/60)
3. Valentino Rossi - 2m 0.542s (43/60)
4. Marc Marquez - 2m 0.636s (32/54)
5. Cal Crutchlow - 2m 0.734s (5/53)
6. Stefan Bradl - 2m 1.003s (14/43)

I wonder if the track conditions are worse or it's that it's still only the second day.

DB8

February 27, 2013 10:51 AM

JL and DP making strong statements. Really close further down. But those 2 guys are a good bit ahead of everyone at this stage obviously.

Still only testing, but I'd be interested to see a synopsis of race sims at some stage!

Unreg. - Unregistered

February 27, 2013 11:15 AM

Right it's starting to look like most races will be Lorenzo-Pedrosa at the front and then a gap to 3rd-4th-5th. I can't wait to see a few good Rossi-Marquez battles, they're deadly riders.

jjrocco - Unregistered

February 27, 2013 11:19 AM

ct, thanks for posting the times from last week. It just further illustrates, test times are just what they say they are. Everyone is trying different materials and settings on the bike. Nobody is out racing or shooting for fastest lap time because they're too busy testing.

Objective

February 27, 2013 11:20 AM

It is good to see some improvement from the Ducatis. At least they are beating Smith on his Tech 3.

Spies is still languishing down the order. I wonder what it will take to get him up to speed.

Given the greasy track conditions the times are looking quite good. I would have liked to see what times they can do on a surface with more grip.

bazx7r - Unregistered

February 27, 2013 11:23 AM

I wouldn't read too much into it, it looks like most riders where doing race sims and seeing as only fastest laps where displayed we've no idea who's fastest over race distance / most consistant. Good to see Smith improving on times, again after 60 plus laps he's got to be doing race sims.
Still last for Laverty but knocking 23 seconds off is a positive.

Joeski

February 27, 2013 11:50 AM

The track is green but getting better. Lap times should be quicker tommorrow but that depends on raiin as well. I think the lap times here are just that, a snapshot in time. The more worrying picture is JLorenzo's consistent pace below 2min 1 sec (17 laps) compared to Pedro's 4 laps. The rest must be worried because if his race pace per lap is faster than their single flying lap that spells trouble.
Rossi is a racer and has never made a name off qualifying or fastest laps so I do not think he has to worry (yet) but to get back to JL's level he has some work to do. Again this is only testing and does not dictate the entire season but race pace is a good indicator and no one is doing the JLo dance yet.

samas

February 27, 2013 11:54 AM

As I said in a previous post some time ago I'm rooting for Ducati this year and I'm happy my man is getting better all the time given he's a rookie, he may even come good quicker than I thought.
So keep banging away Andrea I'm rooting for you.(Iannone that is though I don't mind if it/s the other one)

1 2 3  »