F1 » Hamilton: I want to be seen as a great

Lewis Hamilton: Ultimately, I want to achieve greatness. I want to prove my abilities year after year

Filter Comments: All | Registered

fish fingers - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 11:30 PM

I can't help mock him a little, he brings it on himself sometimes. Having said that I don't think he has a bad bone in his body, and the haters obviously have an underachieving huge chip on their shoulder.
he also does alot of charity work which some people on crash didnt realize

John - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 12:15 AM

"i do not understand why so many people hate hamilton so much"

I don't think anyone "hates" him. But - to quote Top Gun - his ego is writing checks his body can't cash. He seems to be even more vain and conceited than Alonso, and that's hard to do. That makes him extremely mockable. That is what you are seeing - people mocking him, scoffing at him, jeering at him, because his swollen vanity just naturally draws those sentiments.

John - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Try to image Vettel, with just a single WDC to his credit, talking about establishing a museum to his own greatness and saying how he wanted to be remembered alongside Ayrton Senna. They'd be able to hear the howls of laughter on the International Space Station - and the loudest laughter would coming be the very same people currently grumbling about how "hateful" it is to laugh at Hamilton.

pukka - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 2:04 AM

Funny how many not-so-greats are able to speak as if from experience. LOL. Anyone who thinks an F1 driver is humble needs to wake up. Hamilton is being frank and honest. All drivers want to be the best and any sponsor wants a driver with that attitude walking in the door. What, did you expect him to say, I'm ok with being 3rd or 4th. Yeah Mercedes would love that. Gawd I hate the bangwagoners.

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 3:48 PM

No one "hates" him. Really. They just hate some of the things he says. Always seeking approval with every press conference year after year.....I drove my heart out...I'm the fittest I've ever been...I want to be regarded as a great...blah blah blah...I will never change my driving style....blah blah...

He should just get on with winning the titles and the approval will flow automatically. It ain't rocket science!

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 3:57 PM

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

March 13, 2013 4:00 PM

oops! sorry about the double post. I simply refreshed my page and there you go.

But seriously, Vettel is going for 4 in a row this year. While Lewis is talking the talk, Vettel is walking the walk and running away with the titles. It's really that simple.

richard

March 13, 2013 8:19 PM

just thought that i would see if this subject was still alive...love the idea of a museum. we could have some fun on this...what would be in the museum?

police ticket from melbourne
pebbles from the gravel pit in china.
rear end of kimis ferrari.
slick tyre from timos toyota.
more ferrari parts from massas ferrari.
1 litre of fuel in case he runs out again.
copies of all tys praiseworthy posts
.............
more contributions gratefully received.

« 10 11 12 13 14