F1 » Hamilton: I want to be seen as a great

Lewis Hamilton: Ultimately, I want to achieve greatness. I want to prove my abilities year after year

fish fingers - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 12:44 AM

if he manages to win a championship with mercedes in the next 3 seasons it will be a huge achievement, much more than any of Vettel's. He's got maybe 8 seasons more in him at the top level so I'd hope he can get at least 2 more

John - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 12:55 AM

"if he manages to win a championship with mercedes in the next 3 seasons it will be a huge achievement, much more than any of Vettel's."

I give up. WHY exactly will this be a huge achievement, much more than any of Vettel's?

Some of you people could watch Hamilton drink a glass of water, and then go into paroxysms of ecstasy at his incredible work-shattering achievement. OMG, nobody else has ever drunk a glass of water quite that well before!

believeme5

March 11, 2013 1:29 AM

Put Hamilton up on a 1000cc Honda Fireblade behind John McGuinness in this year's Isle of Man TT and Hamilton will see what real greatness is.This 37 miles is just about the only real track left , everything else has been sanitized or closed down . F1 is full scale Scalextric not too different from the 1/32 version you can buy in a toyshop and bring home in a cardboard box

Alan - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 3:46 AM

Quoted above: "Ultimately, I want to achieve greatness. I want to prove my abilities year after year"

Shows ambition and the will to impress along with the realisation that, to achieve anything like greatness, he has to work harder.

What would you expect him to say?

"Right now I'm useless, I never want to get better and I do not care what my abilities will ever achieve or display"

Humble enough?

Fast-forward 1 year, if LH has come a valiant second after ......... . Would you still says he is delusional? Even the beloved Senna did not win every year.

Just watch the racing and don't carp on about your own prejudices.

And No, I'm not a LH fan at all.

John - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 4:58 AM

"What would you expect him to say?"

I would expect him to not be so rudely dismissive to drivers who have equaled him (Button) or solidly beaten him (Vettel).. Hami badly ... BADLY .. needs to learn some personal humility and respect for others. This is normal "how to relate to other people" stuff which most people learn growing up.

He's a pretty good driver. But he's also a spoiled brat.

Newey the Aero king - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 8:39 AM

Why is Lewis talking about wanting to be a great with less than a week until the Aussie GP? Surly he should be thinking how is he and the Silver Arrows team are going to overcome the Newey RB9 machine driven by a half decent driver.

frws - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 8:56 AM

"Spoiled brat"... you mean just like a certain German referring to another driver as a cucumber and throwing his toys out the pram when things don't go his way. Hamilton and Vettel aren't so different as some people may like us to believe... now shoot me down because I'm not a sheep following the usual suspects for that is all this website has become... a place for certain people to air their views in the self proclaimed belief that what they say is gospel... its like being back in the playground at school!!! And no I'm not a fanboy... simply looking for constructive debate that is not founded upon personal prejudice... sadly it would appear even that is lacking.

Ptolemy - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 9:21 AM

Next thing, Lulu is going to take a page out of Al Gore's playbook and pop off that he is the one who invented the internet. Or that he and his father invented pneumatic valves when he was a boy.
Lulu truly believes that he is a legend in his own mind.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »