F1 » Alonso: Kimi was too fast for us

Fernando Alonso has said that he was pleased with Ferrari's performance in Melbourne, but knows that there is still work to do.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

whizzo - Unregistered

March 18, 2013 4:00 PM

Everybody here feels Alonza is the best driver on the grid in my opinion he,s the best cry baby on the grid unless he have a fast car or ferrari team orders making massa move over for him he,s nothing and quite frankly i think it,s time the F I A stop this nonsense from ferrari plus i hope this season will be another winless championship for them also.

jimmy c - Unregistered

March 18, 2013 4:57 PM

I see it's the usual on here ,Alonso ruined massa's race, pulled team orders blah blah blah,I can't wait until he wins the title and he gets seen as the legend he is

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

March 18, 2013 5:30 PM

Frankly, I think Alonso was faster than Kimi, I say this because in realilty Alonso was 4 seconds behind Kimi then ran behind a slower Sutil and had a bit of an encounter with a Caterham after that he slowed way down and finished some 13 sec behind with one more stop, that is +7 ahead if Kimi have done a 3 stopper like most. Although I have to admit that Ferrari messed up Massa's strategy by a couple of laps I think they had no other choice considering they were running that close and one had to stop earlier, it was the right call cause Alonso gained three places by stopping at the right time. Anyways it was the first race, the cobwebs are off, and now off to a more F1 suiting track where we will get a clearer picture of the pecking order if wheather permits. This season is gonna be epic, I can already tell.

Phil - Unregistered

March 18, 2013 6:05 PM

Massa had his chance -we clearly heard Rob Smedley say " let's see what you can do" when he took the lead - and the answer was nothing. Besides when you sign a contract to be number 2 driver, you know what to expect.

Alex - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 10:39 AM

Wonder when and if this website will publish the Perez interview where he revealed to the Spanish press that "Ferrari asked me to to 'take care' of Alonso...."

A number pundits and observers have commented last year about how teams with Ferrari engines were obligated to let Alonso pass. Ha, Alonso has been outed, he is not the great driver those with vested interest makes him out to be.

I've always preferred drivers who just focus on racing, like Kimi and Vettel !

brodyb1 - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 1:46 PM

not sure what race you lot were watching but I saw alonso pit then simply drive away from massa.
all bull**it aside if massa was that quick he would have been right up his a*se not 20 odd seconds behind at race end.
haters gotta hate