F1 » Hamilton 'pleased to prove people wrong'

Lewis Hamilton hits out at those who doubted his move to Mercedes after a solid start to live at his new team

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Ptolemy - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 11:11 PM

Oh boy! Here we go! Lulu sticking his foot in his mouth already. He says he's already proven everyone wrong. Kinda like when he tried to blow off Red Bull as a "drinks company trying to race in F1" then Seb burnt him up on track, and the quote "I am never a quitter and always fight to the bitter end" only to declare in the MIDDLE OF A RACE a few weeks later "I'm done, lets just pull this thing into the garage." Now he comes in 5th place and he's proven everyone wrong? I guess thats his comfort level, just like the place he has come in the championship the last few years. Anyway, all this race proved is that Ferrari, Lotus, and Red Bull are faster, and that Nico had advanced to Lulu's gearbox while Lulu lost places. Can a fanboi come and explain to me how this is a "small victory" for Hamilton? I'm lost

markfrankhamf1

March 19, 2013 11:36 PM

'Lulu's fan boy logic'...all very new to me this foreign text. .anyway that's not why I'm replying. .really it's not good to tar everyone with the same brush. .It was Lewis's introduction to f1 what got me back watching it again after what seemed a decade of Ferrari and Schumacher domination. .We all aren't ignorant of the workings of this great sport. .In my case just maybe a little rusty :)

John - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 11:47 PM

"It was Lewis's introduction to f1 what got me back watching it again after what seemed a decade of Ferrari and Schumacher domination."

The 2005 and 2006 seasons left you cold?

piquedard - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 11:48 PM

well, well! this is only the very first race! finishing 5th was ok, but not a win, so lewis should wait until, let's say, the middle of the season before saying "people wrong". as for me, of course i wish "people ( were ) wrong"!

markfrankhamf1

March 19, 2013 11:48 PM

You guys are quick to remind us that this where Mercedes was this time last year. .what you fail to say how much Mercedes dropped off though the rest of the season to point where Nico was lapped at Austin by a McLaren. .that's how bad they really were. .hence the guillotine falling on many a head over the closed season. .rightly so. .This is why Mercedes are so darned happy with the progress thus far. .I'm not gonna do the quotes by folks who know better than the most knowledgeable on here. .suffice to say, Mercedes are on the up.

John - Unregistered

March 19, 2013 11:58 PM

"I hold my hand out, and buy all the Lewis haters a virtual pint."

I've seen the Lewis fans displaying a LOT of hate over the years. It used to be for Alonso. Remember? These days its for Vettel. But in any case they are on shaky ground in complaining about "hate".

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »