F1 » Button: We had a good day in terms of learning

Jenson Button: We've identified some further improvements that we can make before tomorrow, which is encouraging...

Filter Comments: All | Registered

oldtimer - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 4:16 PM

Good to see thay have closed up on lap times but they are still way down the grid, I guess they need to get the cars back to the factory and start fitting some updates when they have any. Problem is they are still finding out what's wrong so updates might be further off than we all would like. I hope they can pick up a couple of points on Sunday.

Darth Vader - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 8:31 PM

Rewind Selector!!!!!!!! Post of the day:
Button:
He was involved in a pretty funny radio conversation 1/2 seasons ago at one of the euro tracks. He comes on the radio "I've got understeer!" and then literally 4 laps later "I've got oversteer!". So mclaren change his tyres and then like 5 laps later "I've got no grip!"

ROFL

jim crint - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 9:33 PM

@darth vader - you posted the exact same thing on the blog about 'Hamilton, extract more performance, etc', but then you called yourself Angelina, so I think it's safe to assume that Angelina and Darth are one and the same person. What is the purpose of this multi posting? So you can troll around this site, engage in a whole load of Button bashing and make like there's a bunch of people who agree with you?

It's a bit sad don't you think?

sokudo - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 10:30 PM

@Angelina, I'm not sure what sort of insult you're trying to throw at Button but 'no grip' ain't gonna fly when he's good in the rain :p

On the car, McLaren seem better off here than in Australia unsurprisingly. On an actual race track it must be a lot easier to identify issues with the car and to dial it in as well as possible. McLaren are obviously the 6th fastest car but are a lot closer than in Oz. In the second session when all the guys ran intermediates Button was apparently 'head and shoulders' (geddit? ) faster than anyone, so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Angelina - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 10:37 PM

@jim
No, I am not Darth Vader. Of course, you probably won't believe me. But it is true. Apparently there is more than one person on this forum that realises No Grip is over-rated.

@Darth Vader
I'm glad you enjoyed my post

@sudoku
In this instance, I wasn't actually trying to use an insult. "No Grip" is just an apt name for button. Wanna know why? Look at darth's post.

Taipan

March 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Angelina - Unregistered

March 23, 2013 12:11 AM

" Angie, If an F1 driver can find grip in the rain calling them "no grip" seems rather stupid.
Every F1 driver, pundit, commentator has always said rain is a car leveller and lets driving talent shine, do you know better than all of them?"

No Ty, but I do know better than you. Its a car leveller to an extent. Fast cars will still be faster. Anyway, he doesn't find grip in the rain - he finds luck. When you have nothing to lose (No Grip often finds himself in this position), he can roll the dice. Sometimes it works, but it doesn't always.

No Grip has gotten this reputation of being a driver for "changeable conditions". This is just because he is so poor in the dry, when the rain pours, the luck factor flatters him.

sokudo - Unregistered

March 23, 2013 12:20 AM

@Angelina, my bad, but I'm just saying, 'no grip' isn't totally hardly apt given Button's prowess in wet and 'wet to dry' mixed conditions. Surely to be good in those conditions, you need to find some sort of grip where others can't. He definitely has a narrow optimal operating window in the dry, but in the wet/mixed conditions, he seems able to find grip where most other drivers cannot.

Darth Vader - Unregistered

March 23, 2013 1:47 AM

@ Angelina it reminded me of Will Ferrell line:
"That's a nice Prius". Said NO ONE EVER!

However lets do a remix :

"That Jenson's a good driver". Said NO ONE EVER

@ JIM You don't want me to start again jim because I got your number 118 118 lol
I am so glad someone else has as well as me.

@Bob
Are you still here? Have you not been embarrassed enough yet? HAHAHA Angelina's line was epic!!! HAHA