F1 » Vettel: I messed up, I'm sorry

Sebastian Vettel: I owe an explanation to Mark and to the team and that's it. Everyone else obviously has the right to have their own opinions but for sure it is not a victory that I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's.

richard

March 24, 2013 7:00 PM

vettel loser. not rubbish at all. all what i say is pure fact which has been confirmed. it is you who is wrong. you say that multi21 code means hold position. well it doesnt! it refers to a fuel saving engine map.
as team orders are allowed (regretably), the team only needed to say "hold position". i dont know if they did, do you?

EdgarJ - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Well, it's called RACING and the fastest is supposed to win? If he could pull out more off the car than Mark, he deserves to win. If Mark could have gone faster, why didn't he? I am sick of all these tactical races. RACE!

vettel lover - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Richard, just watch the BBC interview with Suzi Perry and Horner, and see who is correct, and its not not you....
Seb lied to the press and Webber straight after the race and now had had to back track. You obviously think there were no team orders?

The Producers - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:09 PM

This win will leave an indelible stain on Vettels Curriculum Vitae similar to Schu parking his Ferrari on the circuit at Monaco to ensure pole for himself , the gain will be not worth the damage to his reputation , its the dam aged reputation he regrets , he is ruthless

maglalako - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:11 PM

I would respect him more if he just came right out and said that "I wanted to win so bad and the points are what matters to the championship.and that's why I did what I did".

Because I believe that this is how he really felt. Instead, he issues a fake apology just to save his reputation. He says he doesn't care about the criticism, but if he didn't he wouldn't have issued this fake apology.

dudley - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:16 PM

Shame on F1. This is manufactured results. Webber should do a Stoner , he will never become champion at Red Bull and if Brawn put the team ego before sportmanship he has done the opposite , tarnished their image. This is not sport, you have lost a fan F1.

Carmen - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:18 PM

Its a race and he won! What should he apologize for? Team orders or whatever bull**** they come up with is not relevant. Mark Webber has never shown the ability to win a championship and thats the plain truth. He should quit and open the seat for a younger more able driver. I don't like Vettel at all but its a damn race and he's a champion. End of story.

vettel lover - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:21 PM

Richard.. I agree with you too, that I watch to see racing , and we had that a bit, but I dont lik e the team orders thing either, but its always there.
Seb today ignored the team, and Mark did not, and he ultimately lost out. Seb probably lost a lot of peoples respect, and Mark lost some points. I like the keeping respect bit.......

Alex - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 7:23 PM

Silverstone 2011 : Mark ignored repeated calls not to race Seb who's car was damaged (by Alonso) yet he lined up the pass three times only for Seb to manage to hold him off.

After the race far from being angry at Mark, Seb just said "It was fun".

Same with Interlagos 2012, Mark's squeezing into Seb at turn 1 could have cost him his 3rd WDC, yet he showed no anger and just stated it very matter-of-factly.

So who is the bigger man?

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »