F1 » Vettel: I messed up, I'm sorry

Sebastian Vettel: I owe an explanation to Mark and to the team and that's it. Everyone else obviously has the right to have their own opinions but for sure it is not a victory that I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's.

Gweed - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:26 PM

Why is everybody mad at Seb? Nobody says anything about Webber's crazy move to defend, reminded me of schumi against rubens in Budapest!!! Mark's team ethics aren't better than Seb. This is the pinnacle of motorsport, not a charity event guys! And maybe we should applaude vettel for not listening to team orders! Nico and Felipe should take note...

jjrocco - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:30 PM

I have 10 laps to finish watching in the race, but I'm not sure what is up with the team order call. Isn't it Vettels Job to win? I like Webber over Vettel but i'm not understanding the call for team orders so early in the season.

Decko - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:35 PM

from the early pen of one Mr Peter Townshend of The Who, SO SAD ABOUT US of the Quick one Album

So sad about us
Sad that the news is out now
Sad, suppose we can't turn back now
Sad about us

So bad about us
So bad about us
Bad - never meant to break up
Bad - suppose we'll never make up
Bad about us

Apologies mean nothing
When the damage is done
But I can't switch off my loving
Like you can't switch off the sun

rob01

March 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Horner and the boys wanted to help Mark one time. That way at the end of the year when Vettel needs Marks support he would get it. Now he will not. One small sacrifice from Vettel would have went a long way for him had he just screwed his head on tighter.

taliz

March 24, 2013 1:38 PM

I can't say I'm a fan of Vettel. But actually in this case, eventhough I would've wanted Webber to win, it was good to see a real fight and not have the result settled by the team in advance.
Seb can't stand not winning, thats why he's up there all the time. "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser".
Also, Webber will back Seb regardless. He'll just be upset for a few days. Because unlike Seb he's a team player after all, and his year by year contracts depend on it.
As a side note. GO KIMI!

trent - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:41 PM

i just got back to singapore from sepang. looking at these messages i really wonder if the race transposes onto TV. who gives a flying f##k if some australian grandad is upset . the idea
of racing is the fastest guy wins . second is the fastest loser and thats all webber will ever be . i sat with 100'000 people today and from i was watching the quickest guy won . thats how its supposed to be as far as i recall . not some sulking aussie thinking he should win because the pretty boy on the pitwall said so .

RacerX1 - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:42 PM

taliz, How was it a real fight when Webber was told to turn his engine down? That was the only reason the little worm caught him up. It may have been a 'real" fight, but one of the participants had loaded gloves.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »