F1 » Vettel: I messed up, I'm sorry

Sebastian Vettel: I owe an explanation to Mark and to the team and that's it. Everyone else obviously has the right to have their own opinions but for sure it is not a victory that I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's.

trent - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:55 PM

what is all this rubbish about turning engines down , multi 21 , it was my turn to win . did i miss something ..? its a grand prix . you do everything possible to win . the history books wont show you turned down your goddam engine . it will show,the winner . good on you vettal . don't concern yourself with some old has been . he will be in v8 supercars next year .

Yamaha R1 - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Don't apologise Seb you have nothing to apologise for and all the keyboard warriors that are bad mouthing you on this website cannot tell me they would not do the same in your position because I know i WOULD , F1 is about and should be about pure racing and wheel to wheel combat and not controlled by a business man sat on the pit wall if it had not been for seb's overtake it would have been another dull race he brought the only excitement all I have to say is roll on next weekend and the return of BTCC.....

jimmy - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Why should he apologize for victory? Racing is racing. Seb is the three-time world champion, Webber is nothing. In the long term, this will only pay off for Red Bull, because Webber just won't be able to fight for the title anyway. It's 7 points more in the end for Vettel and it could decide about the championship, just look at the last year's results.

Observer - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:02 PM

Got to love the hypocrisy here. The very same people who slagged of RBR and Ferrari for using team orders are now calling Vettel dirty for not obeying them. Obviously this was an apology Vettel made only because the team told him to. It's an attempt to keep Webber from spending the next year complaining to the press how the team is making him look bad. I used to rate Mark quite highly, but over the past years at RBR he's spent too much time playing the victim and too little time racing at the top. What amazes me is that RBR even tried to use team orders. Usually they let the drivers race in these situations. Are the Pirellis really so bad, that they were this afraid of tire degradation.

nikisan - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:06 PM

I don't understand, I didn't watch the race

from what I've gathered, vettel was faster than mark, but the team wanted mark to win. surely mark did not deserve it?

the wash - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Trent, speaking before you know the details, Webber only backed off after the team ordered him and Vettel to do so, Vettel fobbed it off, befor that Webber was easily holding Vettel off lap after lap, do your homework as you are coming across as rather ignorant!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »