F1 » Vettel: I messed up, I'm sorry

Sebastian Vettel: I owe an explanation to Mark and to the team and that's it. Everyone else obviously has the right to have their own opinions but for sure it is not a victory that I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's.

Mark - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:14 PM

Of course Seb should aplogize! If the strategy is 'the fastest man wins' then this should be decided before the race so that it is fair to both drivers. But the point here is that is was not. In F1 these days it is all about conserving engines, gearboxes etc. So when instructed Webber turned down his engine and then Seb attacks him! So you people saying that it should be all about the fastest person winning are living in a fairytale.

trent - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:15 PM

the wash , i was there . all i kmow is he 100,000 could not give a damn about the whinging auusie,s damaged ego . we watched the best driver win . thats what racing is supposed to be about . after all those years in F1 its about time webber knew how it works , winners win , aussies whinge . same old , same old . webber had his chance and he blew it . vettal,took it .

Observer - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:18 PM

@rob01. I take it your last post was addressed to me so allow me to reply. No, it is not my first year watching F1 and neither is it my first time on this forum so I am well aware of your hatred of all things Vettel. A result of your blind love of all things Hamilton I presume. Keeping your obvious bias in mind let me rephrase my question in a way you might be able to comprehend. Can you remember a time when Vettel has been told to back off and not pursue Webber? So I repeat my question. Are the Pirellis so bad that RBR felt it was necessary to reign in Vettels speed to avoid tire degradation.

Webbertron

March 24, 2013 2:24 PM

To all the people saying "Pure racing should be about the fastest man winning!" Do you find it funny how Vettel was having a really hard time getting past Webber, and when he did Webber backed off quite a bit, funny that isn't it. Glad to see that Webber's earpieces are working well.

benignlyindifferent

March 24, 2013 2:26 PM

Ruthless decision by a ruthless man. Great racer, but not much of a person. He knew Mark had turned his engine down and he used this to his advantage, against team orders. This will not be forgiven or forgotten by the team and makes me think that perhaps Seb does have aspirations to change teams in the next year or two. Clearly he is not concerned about burning bridges with Horner and Newey.

Mark - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:29 PM

No Trent what you and 100,000 actually saw was 2 drivers being told to turn down their engine and hold positions. Then you saw one driver ignore team orders and sneakpast his teammate. The facts are quite simple. Is this the type of behaviour you admire? Can't believe people are defending Vettel on this.

Bgrade

March 24, 2013 2:31 PM

It's like half the people on here didn't watch the race.
The simple fact was Vettel didn't follow team orders, Webber did and turned his engine down, Vettel took advantage of that and made a dangerous pass to take the lead and win the race. Vettel was not "faster" or "hungrier", he's just an ****.

trent - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:40 PM

team orders , team orders , team orders . what crap . would famgio , clark , mansell, ascari , piquet and prost listen to them .....and nor should vettal . losers always have somebody else to blame . you pay to watch a race between the guys in the cockpit , not the nerd on the pit wall . strange traditional attitude I'm afraid .

the wash - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 2:46 PM

Trent how old are you 15? I hope so for your sake, maybe you should go and read Vettel's official apology before gobbing off. When you post please try to make some sort of sense, you are all over the shop.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »