F1 » Vettel: I messed up, I'm sorry

Sebastian Vettel: I owe an explanation to Mark and to the team and that's it. Everyone else obviously has the right to have their own opinions but for sure it is not a victory that I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's.

robby - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 3:38 PM

How much would you pay to be a fly in the wall when Vettel and Webber meet in private? Vettel almost makes out that he was unaware of the team ordera? Rubbish - he will win at all costs - that is his nature. At least Hamilton was gracious enough to admit that Rosberg should have been on the podium in his third place. By the way, I wonder what people who are into sports betting think about this extremely uncomfortable debacle?

number 46 - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 3:46 PM

i am iceman fan, but i respect to vettel for winning the race what., who gives a ... about team orders., i really glad that he didnt listen, racing is racing the fastest should win so whats the problem?

Roman - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 4:11 PM

Call me a skeptic but I just don't buy this sh!t. Why would redbull want to split points between drivers when they can put them all under one driver and increase their odds for the championship that much more? They issued the order over the radio sure, but I honestly think Vettel has different team orders that the world can never know of. Easier to make Vettel the bad guy than for the team to show the world that they are favoring one driver for the championship. They know Vettel is the better driver, they know who will most likely be the points leader at the end of the year. They told Vettel to win first and apologize later.

benignlyindifferent

March 24, 2013 4:12 PM

Well, since Seb has demonstrated an inability to understand and follow team orders, I think the team should remove this responsibility from him for a few races. They should allow Mark to determine Seb's setup, tire choice, wing choice, and gearing. Then I suspect he would fully understand the give and take of the team approach to F1.

splinky - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 4:14 PM

SV doesnt need to apologize to MW-the most overhyped fanboy crazed F1 nobody in recent years.

2011 Silverstone - ignored team orders and challenged SV for the lead. MW - "Of course I ignored the team because I wanted to try and get a place" No public apologies.
2011 - Publicly urged rival teams to up their game so that SV wont runaway with the WDC. Team player my ****.
2012 Brazil - Final race to determine WDC. "The only one who helped Ferrari was Webber." - Flavio Briatore

MW should retire 2 yrs ago. He has grown too bitter and jealousy has eaten too much into his heart. Such a loser.

nutter - Unregistered

March 24, 2013 4:20 PM

TEAM ORDERS, we want to see drivers race not follow each other round because they have been told to.
Good on you Sebastian.
Teams should be fined for giving orders telling their driver to let his team-mate take the lead position.
Isn't the point of a race to determine who can drive the fastest ?????

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »