F1 » Vettel backtracks, admits he ignored team orders

Sebastian Vettel: I got the call and I ignored it.... I put myself above a team decision

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Marcus - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 7:36 AM

well people seem to forget it is supposed to be a race!!!
What a joke...they might just aswell decide the winner in a meeting room and not bother with the driving as it all seems fixed.....

Sam - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Can't stand watching F1 racing cause most races are a procession of cars and the car on pole wins 90% of the time. Thats my personal opinion. Get rid of the radios and let them fight it out on their own!

I LOVE Moto GP. I'll admit the races have become a little boring over the last couple of years but I probably favour this form of racing cause an aussie had his way without being over powered by arrogant foriegners.

Try telling Rossi to stay in second behind Lorenzo in any of the races this year. That's NOT going to happen.

Luke - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 9:27 AM

This is Bull - Well done Vettle for ignoring the order. Weber almost put him in the wall on the move too. What on earth are RBull playing at. Vettles a proven winner and Webber is a proven loser! Webber also ignored team orders .. doesn't suit him now! If Webber didn't swing Vettle over I 'd maybe have some sympathy .. The truth is he only just beat Fernando last season and RB are selling us a lemon with Vettles got his own interests at heart ..

In my view it is not really a sport when you are not supposed to try to win at every occasion. For me, doing everything within the rules to win is the spirit of any sport. So when a winner is not happy he won, I just shrug and walk away.

Bang On - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 9:44 AM

Never thought I'd see Adrian Newey a party to this kind of behavior. A huge blot on what was till now an immaculate career.. Both Newey and Harner will be a party to this for the rest of the season.. Helmut is a helmut..

Neville - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 10:43 AM

There are gentlemen in all sports but sadly for Vettel he will never be one. I am an Aussie and love nothing more than to see Mark win. I have never much liked Vettel but I can appreciate his talent. But the win at all costs and going against the team just shows what a dirty slimy low life little grub he is.

Trevor Lee - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 11:26 AM

Vettel!!!!!! It's time to man-up and just admit what you did, stop your BS and try for once to be honest. You may have won the Malaysian Grand Prix, but you did not walk away as the winner. Everyone heard Christian Horner and you chose to defy that call. Being called"Silly" is so so so mild. From where I come from..we have names for people like you. What goes around,comes around....we await with healthy memories..you will get yours..its a long season..

Trevor Lee - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 11:51 AM

I agree with Pukka, why admit now??? It just shows you how he has tried to lie about everything. RB have to deal with him in a more severe manner. Not just a slap on the wrist. By defying team orders, Vettel is saying' screw you', I am going to do what I want...anyway" And if so...it makes team orders nothing more than a joke.

richard

March 25, 2013 1:41 PM

trevor. i replayed the race and cannot hear ANYWHERE, where horner asked or ordered vettel to follow webber, apart from early in the race when seb was clearly faster. can you post the lap number of when the alleged words? were said?

« 3 4 5 6 7 8