F1 » Button: We will be more competitive in China

Jenson Button: It's easy for me to say I would have been on the podium because we didn't finish and I am sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think we had a chance to fight with Mercedes

oldtimer - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 10:44 AM

An amazing improvement considering they only had a week between races and obviously could'nt fit any new parts to the cars. I hope that they can continue the improvement and we may even see a McClaren win later in the season. Bad mark for yet another mistake in the pits, why does this keep happening?, Whitmarsh really needs to kick some butt because it would be a tragedy if there improved pace is negated by continuing problems in the pits.

Arthur - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 11:08 AM

Jenson drove an impeccable race. He would have been competing for the podium, simply because of his tyre care meant 1 less pit stop than the rest. His pace is better, but above all his cool when others might have spitting bullets over the pit problems.
At present he is better than the team supporting him. Such a let down.

jim crint - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Another stupid mistake by McLaren. Pit-stops are crazy fast now, and there's a lot of pressure but when was the last time Wiliiams fluffed their lines, or Caterham, even. I know Force India had a torrid time, but even so. Come one guys. Don't let the car go until all wheels are attached properly!!

Jenson drove great. Maybe the boo boys will shut up for while. Probably not. I think he might have at least taken Hamilton and Mercedes would have had to let Rosberg go to defend 3rd. Some muppet on another blog said that Jenson was 'owned' yesterday by Perez. Not sure what race they were watching.

Taipan

March 25, 2013 11:49 AM

Jim, not much chance of the boo boys shutting up, you know how their little brains work, anyone who gives Lulu a hard time on track is instantly hated. After yesterday I'd have to say Rosberg will be their next target.

The McLaren looked much beter yesterday, as I said after Australia it takes time to understand pullrod suspension. The 3 stop stratagey would have seen Button right in the mix with the Mercs at the end, shame they fked up the pitstop.

jim crint - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 1:42 PM

@Taipan - I've never been a fan of Tilke designed circuits but I'm becoming one, given that the smooth surface of these tracks suits the McLaren better at the moment than a street circuit.

Maybe by the time they get to Europe they'll have a better handle on things.

Both Alonso and Raikkonen, in different ways, had serious brain fade, so it's a real pity Jenson couldn't capitalise on it.

Zelda - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 6:29 PM

No booboys to date eh Taipan?
Things must be improving.
I thought JB drove a considered race. Where exactly is this car?
One thing is for sure, even McLaren don't know.
Another mistake during a pit stop. It seems that McLaren are the sole owners of these balls ups nowadays.
Certainly RBR and Merc look really slick by comparison.
It will be interesting to see if they can compete with the Merc next race. Certainly they are way ahead of what EVERYONE thought at the start of the season.
I hope they keep it up.

Angelina - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 8:09 PM

No Grip sped away from his pits before the mechanic had a chance to pull his gun. The automatic traffic light system had a clear red light on the front right wheel. No Grip shouldn't have taken off....entirely his own fault

1 2 3 4  »