F1 » Vettel says sorry to Red Bull staff

Sebastian Vettel gives a personal apology to Red Bull staff for his actions at Sepang

junka - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 7:11 PM

They say Vettel said sorry, really...and he shook Webbers hand and, all is good at Redbull... Vettel lied to us all, we heard it, shows he doesn't really give a shi8. But at the end of the day... he got the 25 points, he stood on the top step, he got the support Mark said would be forth coming, and it did. Marko spoke up on Vettels behalf. What did we learn? Nothing new actually, Redbulls Newey and Horner have no power at all , other than the jobs they hold... they are just faceless men.

Anonymous - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 7:14 PM

@Kevin Yeah I can't believe all of the hooplah from this. The only reason it wasn't bad then was because Webber didn't pass Vettel, and of course he didn't apologize. I think though, thoughts of team orders should be thrown out the window, this early in the season anyways. Can't wait for this story to fizzle out and then next gp to start.

cold caller - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 7:19 PM

You heard the true ( and not very nice) person in Sebs voice "telling " RB to get Webber out of his way, when 3 secs off his gearbox.
I understand that RB politically are now being questioned by Money men as the cant really see who is in charge.......roll on 1st corner of the next race please!!

richard

March 28, 2013 7:20 PM

chris. first of all , marko gives NO instructions over the radio. secondly, reports on other sites state that the info on multi 21 was sent by onboard display, but there was no acknowledgement of its receipt. oh, and by the way, webber has been untruthful. in turkey, he said that vettel turned into him. on tv a year later, he said that he wasnt going to let vettel past and closed the door on him. so which was the truth?

rolf harris - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 7:25 PM

@ richardd
Webber closed Seb down in Turkey, and Seb then turned right into him.......Fact......also engine map on that occasion was up on power for Vettel, and down for Webber..... Fact.

Can you see how it is yet??

richard

March 28, 2013 7:30 PM

my god rolfy. tie me kangaroo down.....! if you even bothered to research the event, you will find out that both cars were on the same engine map there! and now, go through top gear programmes for when webber was on it, and you will hear exactly what he said, and i believe that it is also in his book.
dont make webber out to be an angel, he aint!

Peter - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 7:58 PM

Did he not Apologise for the same thing twice before?
great driver but needs to learn its a team not just him.
He should be suspended for 1 race but no one has the balls to do it

Ptolemy - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 8:02 PM

MICK,
Good point. I'm having second thoughts about planning my trip to Austin. I don't really have the $1000 for the trip anyway. It would really suck to spend 3 days and $1000 to watch a train of cars going around the track "trying" to make it to the finish.
That would be almost as bad as Indy 2005 when I spent $500 and 2 days on that one (its a 4 hour drive from my house) and all I got to see was 2 Ferrari's driving in circles while 4 other cars thrashed about.
The rule makers with these idiotic tires, DRS, and KERS, V8s instead of V10s and now V6s, and no engine development, the have ruined the sport.
I'm saving my money and taking up a new intrest. Maybe sight-seeing. Its money better spent.

wackystewart - Unregistered

March 28, 2013 8:16 PM

All of these just make for exciting racing in the future. I can't wait to see what Webber will do for the rest of the season. I want to see if Rosberg will up his quali and finally be ahead of Lewis on Saturday and Sunday. Then we have the Ferraris jockeying for positions, as well. I can't wait for China.

@Richard, be careful, you're almost sounding like someone you and your cronies here usually refer to as a fanboy! Easy on the Vettel legal defense fund. I think he's very comfortable lying, so no need to aggressively defend him. It's nice to see him wheel to wheel with anyone once in awhile.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »