F1 » Horner: Webber will race in China, won’t quit F1

Christian Horner: Mark knows there was no conspiracy within the team

Filter Comments: All | Registered

RW - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 7:13 PM

@John
What race you're talking about? Not the last Malaysia for sure.
Here:
www.f1fanatic.co.uk / 2013/03/24/2013-malaysian-grand-prix-lap-charts/
Remember to remove two spaces from this URL.

John - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 7:16 PM

"Looking at info I can find here:
www.f1fanatic.co.uk 2013/03/24/2013-malaysian-grand-prix-lap-charts/
When Seb pitted for the last time he suddenly gained 15 seconds on Mark on his out lap."

You people are really stupid. Seb pitted first, then Mark. This caused Sebs time behind Mark to suddenly spike UP when he pitted, and then to suddenly spike DOWN when Mark pitted. That is ALL you are seeing in those charts.

You are not seeing Mark "turn his engine down while Seb did not" because THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

John - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 7:20 PM

Webber has been a oaf and a hypocrite in this whole matter. But he has NEVER said what certain demented fans are saying - he has NEVER said that he "turned his engine down" and that Seb did not. This particular piece of idiocy is entirely the creations of certain peoples fevered imaginations.

John - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 7:30 PM

If you people would watch the races you would not make such mistaken comments about them afterwards. If all you're doing is reading the post-race news reports - and it is obvious that this is all many people are doing - then you ending up making yourself look foolish.

John - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 8:06 PM

Webber set his fastest lap of the entire race on lap 45 - which was right in the middle of his battle with Vettel for the lead. That's a pretty good trick for a driver with his engine "turned down"!

The claim that Vettel passed Webber because the latter had "turned down his engine" is a lie. They both raced each other - in defiance of team orders - and Vettel beat him. That's all there is to it.

richard

March 29, 2013 8:24 PM

rw. in fact it is you who should look at charts.
arounf 25, when webber was holding ettel up, he was told that he needed to put in laps in the 41s. did he do that? NO. but seb had previously been in the 41s.

then look at the charts again for 43 on, after seb passed him, webber was on his pace and actually was faster than vettel at one point. as john says, how could this be if his engine was "turned down"?? explanation please. and that was AFTER webber was told to maintain the gap, when he was behind seb. in fact, he went on to try and pass seb again

John is Wrong - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 8:28 PM

@ John

"Webber has been a oaf and a hypocrite in this whole matter. But he has NEVER said what certain demented fans are saying - he has NEVER said that he "turned his engine down" "

Oh really? QUOTE FORM WEBBER:

"After the last stop, obviously, the team told me the race was over. We turned the engines down and we go to the end. I want to race as well, but in the end the team made a decision, which we always say before the race is probably how it's going to be - we look after the tires, get the car to the end and, in the end, Seb made his own decisions today and will have protection and that's the way it goes."

John Is Right - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Where in this does Webber ever say the words "I turned down my engine and Seb did not"?

Let me repeat the question since you clearly not not get it. Where does Webber ever say that he turned down his engine and that Seb did not? HE NEVER SAID THAT.

And as for "protection" - what punishment did Mark get when he broke team orders?

John - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 8:43 PM

Webber after Sepang - "I want to race as well, but in the end the team made a decision"

Webber after Silverstone - "Of course I ignored the team and I was battling to the end ... I just want to race to the end ... I chose to race as hard and as fair as I thought was possible, trying my best to beat Seb. ... to be told to hold position is something I wasn't prepared to follow at the time ... I knew I was going against the team's wishes ... if they were worried about the team losing points, one option would have been for us to swap positions ... We should be free to race but to keep the team's best interests in the back of our minds".

What a disgusting person.

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

March 29, 2013 8:46 PM

@John,

When you have finished insulting everyone that disagrees with you, maybe you can find the time to answer this simple question. I asked richard the same question several times, but he has refused to answer it:

What is Seb apologising to Mark and the whole team for, exactly?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »