F1 » Whitmarsh: I'll be disappointed if we don't take another step in China

Martin Whitmarsh: I think we made some small steps forward with the car. Not as much as I'd like but some reasonable steps

NeweyisyourDaddy - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 12:38 PM

If you do not finish within the top 3 in the next 3 races you better be looking for a new job

These jokers are still having pitstop problems did you watch redbull and mercedes pitstop mechanics in action in the last race , blink and you would of missed it

Buzz45 - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 2:05 PM

@neweyisyourdaddy
You have to push to the limits to find the ultimate performance, and that can involve errors. If you don't do that, you stand still. When the McLaren is fully sorted it will fly. McLaren, jokers? which planet are you on? They are 2nd only to Ferrari in the history of F1 results, I believe. (Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong).

NeweyisyourDaddy - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 2:27 PM

@Buzz45

Mclaren have not been a championship winning team in the last four years imho, so many mistakes, bad strategies, bungling pitstops the list goes on and on and this from a team second to ferrari in history of results lol

History doesn't win you 3 world championships in a row having the right people in the team does

They are a joke of a team at the moment

Buzz45 - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 3:20 PM

@ Newey....All teams have ups and downs, even Ferrari, look at the lean years they had. It certainly doesn't make them a joke. You seem to have anger in your posts, were you sacked by McLaren :-)

oldtimer - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 3:28 PM

The next race will be critical for Mclaren, we will see if the last race was just a lucky blip or if they really have made some serious progress. We need to see a top three qualifying and a podium finish to confirm they are on the right track.

Zelda - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 3:34 PM

Maclaren are certainly one of the top 3 spenders behind RBR and Ferrari I think. Taipan?
Some £240m in fact.
Mercedes have upped their ante towards this region too nowadays.
Maclaren, however much they are described as 'pushing it', have made serious race time mistakes.
Both LH and JB fell foul of these mistakes.
As has been noted, they took away what JB described as a possible podium finish.
That is not the way to win races and or championships.
Every team has problems but Maclaren could be described as the 'David James' of F1. Awesome one moment and a complete joke the next.
MW does not fill me with hope for the Woking team.
Sorry but I feel that is where the problem starts, at the top of Pitside!!

NeweyisyourDaddy - Unregistered

April 01, 2013 3:36 PM

@Buzz45

Yes buzz i am so so angry that i have come on here to vent my frustrations, i use to work there 4 years ago and as you can see it has gone all down hill for them since i left , twitmarsh and myself were fighting for the position of team principle , alas they went for the stupider option and then hired nogrip

you donut lol

Buzz45

April 01, 2013 5:15 PM

@ Newey.... By "no grip", are you talking about (ex world champion) the one who was going to have his butt kicked by Lulu? I can see that I was definitely right about the anger bit. How long did it take Ron Dennis to get McLaren to the top and how many times did he fail? Bet you don't like him either.
Just as a matter of interest, I actually met and conversed with Bruce McLaren at Silverstone 1968. Sorry for name dropping....

Buzz45

April 01, 2013 6:16 PM

@Newey.....I could be, but I'm not his boyfriend. You didn't comment on my last post, why not? By the way, who do you think is a good team principal, or whatever the title is?
Why don't you post something that is actually constructive and to the point? Anybody can make cheap jibes or be sarcastic. Oh, and was it MW who didn't put JBs wheel on properly? It didn't look like him!

1 2  »