F1 » Button: I can still be champion

Jenson Button says he feels confident of being able to challenge for the F1 title despite a tough start for McLaren

elijah

April 03, 2013 11:37 AM

@Nick636
at the start of last year Ferrari were LOST!!!

@Buzz45
the haters will even disagree with fact. What does that say about them?!!

At the start of last year even with a dog of a car Ferrari won the Malaysian Grand Prix, and Alonso was heading the championship with 35 points. I've said it before and I'll say again, Jenson Button is no Alonso. Fact

bob - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:45 PM

I just love the anti Button dribble from the usual lot.

What makes me laugh is everyone saying he's not a top 5 driver and he'll never beat the really good drivers like Alonso and Hamilton.

Ummm...has he, or has he not finished in the top 5 of the WDC for the last 4 years running? Would that not make him a top 5 driver?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not DESTROY both Hamilton and Alonso in 2011?

And tell me, what is the highest position Hamilton has finished in the WDC for the last 4 years? Driving one of the best cars I might add.

bob - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:47 PM

And for those with really short memories, I'll remind you.

In the last 4 years Button has finished 1st, 2nd and 2 5ths in the WDC.

Call me dumb, but I would say this is at LEAST a top 5 driver.

Abdulla from Bahrain - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 1:03 PM

@Bob
For argument sake, lets assume Button is a top 3 driver.
Is that good enough? To be world champion he must be #1 beating the fast Vettel and consistent Alonso, not to forget the rest.

I would like to ask who in their full mind thinks that is possible especially with a nursing Mclaren that isnt upto to speed yet nor is capable of winning GPs.
Ill say it again, its uselless for Button or vettel or Alonso to talk about the championship after race 2.

cookie - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 2:03 PM

@bob HA HA HA you make me laugh!!!!!!
DESTROYED Hamilton in 2011 really did he??
What with his 3 wins against 3 for Hamilton?
Or maybe his 0 poles to Hamiltons 1??
No must have been his 13 - 6 defeat in qualifying positions then??
Or could it be he had less retirements maybe?
You cannot compare these 2 drivers Hamilton is in a totally different league

gp - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 5:18 PM

its no wonder that whitmarsh looks like his Sh*****g himself on the pitwall now that he has realised that jb is not a no1 f1 driver and that there is now two no 2 drivers at mclaren
lol