F1 » Porsche eyeing Webber for Le Mans return?

Could Porsche's return to the sports protoype provide an appealing exit from F1 for Mark Webber?

John - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 5:48 PM

@"Can you tell me exactly which F1 GPs where Webber has completely ignored team orders and what the team orders were that were deliberately ignored?"

Shouldn't any "F1 fan" worth the name already know the answer to this question?

The people who comment here are comically ignorant of the sport they pretend to follow. When I'm on football forums I never encounter people who say things like "Can you tell me when Suarez was ever in trouble for racist remarks?" It is expected that any half-way knowledgeable fan already knows the answer.

John - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 5:52 PM

"Unregistered John sounds like a very spiteful person"

Please do not post any personal abuse or attacks.

Of course you have nothing to say EXCEPT for personal abuse and attacks, so that's basically the same as telling you to shut up,

John - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 6:01 PM

The big story here is NOT that Mark Webber has a long history of ignoring team orders. No, the big story here is that large numbers of so-called "F1 fans" are completely unaware of that history.

It's as if large numbers of "cycle racing fans" expressed their astonishment at clams that Lance Armstrong was doping, or large numbers of "football fans" responded to remarks about Joey Bartons propensity to violence with "Are you Joey Barton's personal assistant?"

John - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 7:17 PM

"The big story here is that John knows everything about Mark Webber"

No, the big story here is that John knows something about F1 - knowledge of Webber being a subset of that - and the great majority of of so-called "F1 fans" here know jack about F1.

It's like visiting a football fan forum where huge numbers of people need to have the off-sides rule explained to them. We're talking THAT level of ignorance.

Mark _

April 04, 2013 8:31 PM

I am afraid that I am with John on this one. Webber has only ever raced for himself. He has even admitted that he does not follow team orders. If you need reminding here is quote from the British GP 2011.

Webber stated, “Of course I ignored the team and I was battling to the end. I was trying to do my best with the amount of conversation on the radio. I wasn't doing much talking back, but I got a lot of messages coming my way, but I was trying to the end. I'm not fine with it, no.”

richard

April 04, 2013 9:15 PM

i see that webber was very nearly censured for three "events" in malaysia.
giving the bird
trying to push vettel into the pit wall
agressive swerve towards vettel on slowing down lap.

fia decided not to proceed
but sadly, webber really seems to have lost it, and going to protos could be his best move.

Mark _

April 04, 2013 10:00 PM

@richard - Webber must have some friends in high places given the amount of times that the stewards have looked the other way with his aggressive style. Schumacher could not have gotten away with half of the stuff that Webber has.

« 1 2 3  »