F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

Sebastian Vettel: I think I'm the kind of guy that respects team decisions but on the other hand Mark is not the one that deserved it [the victory] at the time.

bruce - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 1:54 PM

@Dick
The only reason Vettel caught Mark was because Mark was obeying team instructions. His only mistake was believing that Vettel was mature enough to do the same.

Hellboy - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 1:57 PM

Christian Horner needs to take some lessons from Alex Ferguson in management. Vettel clearly thinks he is bigger than the team. How ironic that he has won with the best car (taking nothing away from his talent) which is all down to the team and his thank you to team? 'bugger you lot, I will do what I want to, I am the racer'. Maybe Senna/Schumacher would have done the same, we will never know. All Vettel should be aware of though is that karma can be a bitch.

Zootsuit - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 2:03 PM

@bollox - I don't really care if there are team orders or not. If there are, then it's a race of constructor versus constructor with the drivers supporting, and if not, then it's driver versus driver with the cars supporting. I don't mind seeing a race of Red Bull versus Ferrari or a race of Webber versus Vettel. Still a race, so long as they are as equal as they can be. What happened in Malaysia was neither of the above, and whilst it has made fabulous viewing/reading/discussing, it was poor form and I suspect possibly damaging to both drivers and the team in the long run. I guess we'll know about that as this already interesting season unfolds....

richard

April 11, 2013 2:13 PM

bruce. where you nare mixing things up is that vettel caught webber BEFORE there was any instructions of any sort! have a look at the lap times on f1.com.

matt. what an insulting post. and so inaccurate too. webber had a name for himself when in williams, and then last year, he repeatedly ignored team orders and boasted about it. he also bad mouthed the team continuously over the last three years.
as for being a fanboy, you really do need to grow up. is it not possible to talk about an issue without such a comment from you? i will defend quite a lot of the drivers (i even defended webber at times).
you may not agree with what i post, so what? but there is no need to resort to insults and untruths.
if webber wants to beat vettel LEGITIMATELY, let him do so, but he should not need a team to tell his teammate to go slow so as not to pass him.

freddie - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 2:17 PM

bwaahahaha!

Red Bull fed this twerp's attitude by consistently treating him like a small child instead of a grown man. Now the team is run by L'Enfant terrible. Should prove to be entertainment of the highest order. I await in trembling anticipation!

Rt - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 2:18 PM

All these articles about this situation only give more traffic to F1 sites while allowing Vettel haters to cry about him being a liar and not being fair. Waaaaaaaa. Get over it. You are just mad that your favorite driver has been owned 3, going to be 4, years in a row by Vettel. You wish your driver could be man enough to tell Webber stick it where the sun don't shine. I learned everything I need to know about Webber when he did the fly-by after the finish line. Now write an email to your favorite driver and tell them to take notes.

Doug - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 2:25 PM

'Sebastian Vettel: I think I'm the kind of guy that respects team decisions but on the other hand Mark is not the one that deserved it (the victory) at the time.'

Translation: I'm just so f****ing special.

tepee

April 11, 2013 2:30 PM

Yea and the Helmet will claim is was all Lewis's fault anyway. Well it can't be the boy wonders can it?

Lets now see if the boy is more important than the team, will the Radish step in and suspend the boy or will he fire the management team?

My money would be on the departure of the management!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »