F1 » Lotus plays down Raikkonen, Red Bull link

Lotus plays down reports linking Kimi Raikkonen with a move to Red Bull for 2014

Filter Comments: All | Registered

dr46 - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Wow that will be one hell of a partnership...Kimi will fit into the Red Bull philosophy very well also he will be the perfect partner to Vettel unlike Webber.

corkey - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 1:21 PM

Dr46, I completely disagree. Kimi will not be made a fool of. I really doubt he would want to go to a team if they are going to favour another driver over him like Red Bull do. But you have to ask the question - will they do the same with a differeny driver lineup?

Chris - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 1:34 PM

It does sound like a very good partnership but I can't see it happening at all for several reasons. Every team has a number one whether they say so or not and Raikkonen won't want to play second fiddle.
He pretty much has it made at Lotus, he's got a good car under him, the freedom he wants and no internal problems or power struggles at the team.

Fernandabulous

April 16, 2013 1:38 PM

kimi has driven for mclaren and ferrari, two teams where team politics sometimes appear to have an ecfect on racing, would he want to go to red bull who dispite saying they arent that kind of team, their recent actions appear to suggest they are. does he want to be in F1 that badly. with kimi we wont know untill the deal is done one way or another

Anonymous - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 3:55 PM

I would actually really like this partnership. The two are friends and both are nice to eachother off the track, but on the track, both take care of business. I don't think Vettel has much, if any respect from Webber, since their relationship began. I personally think this would be a healthy change for Red Bull, as obviously Webber hass to be number 2. Any one who disagrees is a fool. Why would someone with something like 9 career wins, lead a team instead of a 3 time consecutive world champion. Its *****ic to even think that, so I personally think itll be better for two champions, plus it lets me see where Vetel really is next to one of the great drivers in the field right now.

Anonymous - Unregistered