F1 » Massa keen to fight back

Felipe Massa: Obviously I was not happy with my last race in Bahrain...

Alan - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 7:23 PM

Your pissing into the wind my friend, ferrari will never allow you to win a championship with Alonso there

ferrari have ran strategies in races this year where you have ended up behind the golden child at the end

Try get a seat at Red Bull, Mark Webber is not happy now he he realised he is not in Vettels league and will probably leave plus they allow their drivers to race each other for at least 2 thirds of the race

The Shining Night - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 9:08 PM

Alan,
"Your pissing into the wind my friend"

Good one, but I doubt his contract would allow that....and even if he did manage to piss, Ferrari will devise a strategy 'on the fly', to allow all the air/wind flow towards Alonso's piss.

That's how screwed massa is at Ferrari.

Ed - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 8:28 AM

Even though I agree that it its very unlikely that Ferrari will ever allow him to win anything, you do have to remember that the same thing was said back in 2008... and after a streak of bad results from Kimmi they had no choice but to support Massa's claim. In the end, Ferrari still made him lose the championship with silly pit stop mistakes and whatnot.

Also, I happen to know a fair few Brazilians and it amazes me how bad they talk about their own drivers... For some of them it is like there was Senna and then everyone that comes after him will not be respected! Weird to say the least. They had guys like Barrichello which was always liked by everyone and now Massa who, despite having 2 rough years, seems to be coming back and they absolutely despise both! I'd drive under another flag if I was on that situation.

Wade - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 10:46 AM

I don't recall any strategy moves made by Ferrari this year that have put Felipe behind Fernando.

In Australia, Fernando decided to come in early for tyres. Felipe specifically said over the radio he wanted to stay out longer.

In Malaysia, Fernando crashed out early. Felipe with the team's full backing finished 5th, 25s behind the leader.

In China, both drivers just raced. Felipe finished 40s behind.

In Bahrain, both drivers had bad luck, Fernando with his rear wing, and Felipe with his tyres.

From what I can see, when there were no problems or bad luck, Fernando was clearly the better driver most of the time.

The Shining Night - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 3:04 PM

Wade
"I don't recall any strategy moves made by Ferrari this year that have put Felipe behind Fernando"

I could go on and on and cite examples faster than your ATM could dish out cash, but there's no point if you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the whole car philosophy was/is/willbe built around Alonso ... not that I opine a Massa car would have been better, but just stating the fact.

The only thing Massa can do, is ensure he can setup his car to the best of his liking. But Massa being massa, and his need for all 4 tyres to maintain their best grip, and the wide-known issue of Alonso refusing to share his track data, all it needs to screw Massa's race is for a (mostly deliberate)mistimed pitstop, the rest Mass will screw himself.

Ed - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 3:39 PM

Wade, I'm afraid you're watching another championship, mate... Even Ferrari said they'd put Massa in 'dirty air' for most of the race and then sort of 'apologized' for the bad strategy (as much as Ferrari ever will).