F1 » Spanish Grand Prix 2013: Alonso wears down the opposition in Barcelona

Fernando Alonso proved the master of the most difficult tyre-eating race so far in 2013, with Kimi Raikkonen in second managing to stop Barcelona from delivering a Ferrari 1-2.

Dan - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 10:43 AM

And Red Bull are immediately complaining about the tyres and that F1 isn't racing anymore.

Granted it's not like it used to be. But other teams, Ferrari and Lotus, have learnt to deal with the tyres. If they can do it surely the world champion team and driver should be able to?

richard

May 13, 2013 11:29 AM

dan. you really should read more f1 sites! ALL teams, drivers, pundits etc are complaining about the tyres. understandably so.
no good saying that any one team is complaining. in fact, the team with most complaints should be merc.

I have defended Pirelli in the past, as they are providing tyres that fom and fia want. in fact, hemebry yesterday was quite angry about what they were being asked to provide, as it painted Pirelli in a bad light. however, delaminations are down solely to the manufacturing process. the HARD tyres could only perform for a few laps, imagine what would have happened had soft tyres been mandated? we would have had 10 stops or more!!!!

Jim Clausen

May 13, 2013 2:40 PM

I've seen plenty of F1 races that were boring to watch. Sunday's was not one of them. If F1 is so boring, why are you watching? There must be a fishing or gardening program for you whiners to watch. I'm sure you would find either of those preferable to watching a F1 race. If you want to see contrived continual passing, bunching cars up with yellow flags for some phantom debris, Nascar is what you should be watching and that ain't racing.

I find today's motorsport coverage very entertaining. I go back to when you didn't get any information, in the U.S. anyway, about a F1 race until reading the Monday sports section of certain newspapers. If a driver was killed it might make the radio or TV.

Dan - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 4:42 PM

@Richard

Yes I know it's not just Red Bull. I know others are complaining and I also know Pirelli are doing what they've been asked to do.

I know the tyres aren't that great. I didn't say they were good. So I don't really need your lecture on Pirelli.

All that was said was others can work with the tyres so why can't the world champions? They didn't make so much noise when they won in Bahrain and Malaysia. Yes I know they still complained. But not to the extent that they have done in races they've lost.

Others have complained yes, but I still don't believe they have complained as much. Other than Mercedes probably.

They're the best teams/drivers in the world. If some can work with them, why can't others. Why do they have to resort to complaining and demanding things to be altered in their favour. Red Bull hate the complaining about their cars being illegal but they can't stand to have something that doesn't help them either. It can't all be one way.

Remember the days of Ferrari

Dan - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 4:42 PM

Remember the days of Ferrari winning everything and people thinking it was fixed or something. People will think exactly the same if Red Bull complain and get their own way and fans won't like it. Just like they didn't in Schumacher & Ferrari's domination.

richard

May 13, 2013 6:28 PM

dan. absolutely no lecture on Pirelli, just stating facts that you post seemed to disregard.
I have always hated the tyre compounds as I want to see RACING. which means fastest car/driver wins, without the intervention f pit stops, kers, drs etc.

but for any tyre manufacturer to provide tyres that delaminate is nothing short of criminal. the elf and safety authority should be called in, as these tyres are putting lives at risk. not just the driers, but spectators too.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »