F1 » Mercedes finds little comfort in going backwards

The Mercedes team were savvy enough not to get carried away with their front-row lock-out on Saturday, but they still weren't expecting the downfall that awaited them in the race.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Dave - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 6:36 PM

No, you won't get there mate. The car is fundamentally flawed and has been since day one. It's just a development of the same flawed concept that was a dog of a race car last year and the year before. The merc drivers will just have to hope that the totally new car next year doesn't follow the same concept.

George Zaidan

May 12, 2013 6:38 PM

Lewis is soon going to feel Michael Schumacher's frustration, and the hater's went about blaming Schumacher saying he didn't have it any longer. He was out of at least 6 races last year. We'll see if Lewis still has it after the season is out. But hey, 20 mil is 20 mil

bob - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 6:59 PM

"Ross Brawn and his engineers are trying to understand it Nico cant explain it and poor old Lewis was totally lost"

I believe this is the same situation as McLaren, yet Button seems to be the one getting the blame over there. But that's Hamilton fanboys for you.

McLaren has problems - it's Button's fault.
Mercedes has problems - it's the teams fault.

Gotta love fanboy logic!

At lease McLaren go forward in the race...

Really? - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 7:37 PM

Sheesh @bob one wonders why you hate LH so much. Did he beat you to a race seat in the recent past? If that is the case then you have my sympathies. If not, well you still have my sympathies albeit for different reasons.
It's ok to analyze a race mate,but to actually express joy at someone' failure warrants some introspection.
Looks like McLaren and Mercedes aren't the only ones with 'issues' if you know what I mean.

Taipan

May 12, 2013 7:56 PM

2nd to 12th, hmm not a great day to be a fanboy is it?

Never mind it could have been worse, he could have been lapped, beaten by his team mate, beaten by both McLaren's, passed by Massa....

Oh wait that did happen didn't it, oops.

bob - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 11:02 PM

@Really?

Actually mate, I don't really have a problem with Hamilton at all. I reckon he must be really frustrated and I don't blame him for moving to Mercedes at all - I would have done the same.

What I can't stand is Hamilton's totally deluded nonsensical fanboys who totally refuse to give Button or any other team mate of Hamilton's any credit.

I had NEVER posted a negative thing about Hamilton until I couldn't put up with the anti Button crap from the Hamilton supporters any longer.

Hamilton's BIGGEST problem is his supporters!

eoin murphy - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 12:27 AM

I cant stand Hamilton,but I would much prefare merc s problem to mc learn s ,the merc is fast, its just too hard on tyres,the mc clearn is a dog.it seams to me thats a biger problem,hey what do I know, come on jenson,owney

« 1 2 3