F1 » Relieved Whitmarsh hails classy Button

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh had been spending most of the Spanish GP weekend fearing the worst, so he was a very relieved man to get both cars home in the points.

Really? - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 5:42 PM

Tealeaf again! It's an article about McLaren mate. Stop the anti lewis propaganda already. I don't know about the other neutral fans, but I am sick and tired of it. Got a problem with Lewis or any other driver for that matter? Take it to the drivers themselves at your nearest race if you can. Stop hijacking the articles. It's just plain sad.

Andrew - Unregistered

May 13, 2013 6:01 PM

@Really... Thats the Button's fan-boys defense mechanism..... Once you criticize Button its like they are on Auto-Reply... Attack Lewis Hamilton.... Am a Schumacher fan so it doesnt bother me but common Tealeaf stick to the script.

Jayne

May 13, 2013 6:12 PM

This is my first for ages and as usual opinions are divided. As a Button fan I truly believe he did his best with a difficult car. What worries me is whoever designs the car needs to prove his designs before the car is put into production as every year in recent memory Maclaren has started the season on the back foot. Just sort the design team or change them.

bob - Unregistered

May 14, 2013 8:05 AM

@all the Whitmarsh haters

Why don't you all get a grip?

You moan about Whitmarsh and beg for Ron Dennis back like he's some sort of genius.

May I remind you that when he handed over the running of the team to Whitmarsh it had been 10 years! since he brought in a Constructors Championship for McLaren.

Whitmarsh has only been in the job since early 2009. He's only starting his 5th season, so as far as I'm concerned he's got another 5 years to bring in the WCC before he's any worse than Dennis.

So why not put a sock in it?

oldtimer - Unregistered

May 14, 2013 10:40 AM

I think it's a bit extreme calling me a Whitmarsh hater, BOB. I certainly don't think he has a strong enough grip on the situation but I don't hate him or anybody for that matter, and the fact that RD did'nt win anything for years is not really relevant. Whitmarsh seems a nice guy and I imagine he will reconsider his position if at the end of the season Mclaren have not improved. Sacking staff willy nilly as happens in football is about as daft as it gets. I think most people would consider that Mclaren are in decline, I don't know why but they always seem to fall short in some way, however I'm sure they are burning the midnight oil and looking at the way they do things, whatever it is not working and at the end of the day the buck has to stop at the top. A major problem for all teams is that Adrien Newry is light years better then the other teams designers and Red Bull seam to be able to get a grip of there problems pretty quckly. As you know I'm a critical Button fan as well and I do

oldtimer - Unregistered

May 14, 2013 10:43 AM

not think his particular demands have helped with a very poor car. Either way I would like to see Mclaren and Button in the winners circle again, I just don't see it happening this season.

on the wayback - Unregistered

May 14, 2013 11:38 AM

McLaren is very desperate for points. to an extent that they controlled the Sahara Force India's points by dragging Sutil down as he had a ttremendous start. they called him in the pits prematurely. told him to turn off the engine. put him back in the pack so that wonder boys could take the bottom scraps.
Wow what a scam.