F1 » Mateschitz: F1 'not racing any more'

Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateshitz says Pirelli has gone 'too far' with the 2013 tyres and that F1 is no longer about the racing

Mark _

May 15, 2013 4:09 PM

It is kind of the ultimate frustration when someone says that "it is not racing". Alonso said the same thing years ago in Italy when he felt that he was unfairly penalized for impeding another driver in qualifying. I have no problem with someone being critical of the regulations but these type of headline grabbing statements make the person being quoted look petulant.

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

May 15, 2013 4:54 PM

@richard, I was just having fun. Don't take it so seriously. Besides, I have been adding to the debate non-stop since Sunday. I have to say that I sometimes struggle to find the evidence in your posts, whenever you state that you're a diehard Ferrari fan.

Again, just an observation. No need to give a heated response.

richard

May 15, 2013 6:00 PM

f1 rules. well, I do notice on the other site, your comments are better!
yes, since the 50s I have always followed Ferrari, even in their lean years. the only glitch I have at present is with one of their drivers, who I just cannot take to. but yes, I love to see the scarlet cars winning.
I suppose that if I was to list my favourite downwards it would be...
Ferrari
Williams/rbr (equal)
str (minardi)
macca
marussia

and so on

David - Unregistered

May 15, 2013 6:41 PM

The far more pressing issue for me with the United States possibly entering the world stage that is known as Formula One, is that the correct way of spelling is "tyre" and not the devious spelling of "tire" only used by a small percentage of the English speaking population of the globe.

Just saying!!

Mark _

May 15, 2013 7:17 PM

@David - It is not just us, the Canadians spell it that way too.

Tire actually predates Tyre. The British changed the spelling. Look up "tire" on Wiki for the etymology if you are interested.

Scruffy - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 12:16 AM

The only thing I'll add to this, is that clearly the lack of excitement during races was not just due to tires. Otherwise, why the ban of TC and stability control aids and introduction of KERS and DRS - or as DC calls it " artificial overtaking"?

Bring back V12 or V10, kill the passing aids and keep driver aids banned, more durable tires to cope with the power and let's see how that pans out for a few years. I remember an interview with Alonso 10 years ago where he explained how Renault told him to floor the accelerator at apex and let the car figure out the rest. That formula didn't work for excitement either.

Judge Dread - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 8:46 AM

The Red Bull boss is absolutely right, I don't know of any other business where the people at the top would be hamstrung so that the midfield teams and those at the back are more even with the front runners, surely it is to the teams at the back to catch up or get out and let the top teams run three cars,imagine being in a job were you weren't performing do you think the companyy would shackle the people at the top to make it more even, never you would be out on your ear and so it should be here.

« 3 4 5 6 7