F1 » Hamilton: 'Car almost there, pace looks good'

Lewis Hamilton: I'm pleased with what we have achieved here...

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Raz - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 4:40 PM

Fingers crossed for both Merc drivers, especially Lewis. However they have had tyre issues for the last 3 years and have been great on one lap runs for a while. Lets hope they have sorted that big problem out. I say big problem as dropping from 1/2 to 6/12 is a big problem for a works team.

Hoping Mclaren do well also...... :)

sokudo - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 10:48 PM

If Merc lock out the front row the race will be interesting as hell. There'll likely be a train of cars, at least 8 of them. If someone else gets to the front row though I reckon they'll win.

Dave - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 11:12 PM

Even locking out the front row will not guarantee us the amusing procession which I sincerely hope will happen (as a slap in the face to those who keep telling us that Monaco is the best race on the calendar just because they get to spend most of it hobnobbing on yachts and getting drunk in casinos). The Mercedes has not been starting as well as, say, the Ferrari, and Hamilton in particular has often not been getting good starts, going back to last year and possibly beyond. But as I say, I really hope that a) Mercedes do lock out the front row b) they do get to the first corner first c) they are much slower than the rest and d) nobody can get past them. The amusement value would be top notch!

Taipan

May 23, 2013 11:30 PM

Not much of an F1 fan are you Dave, You want to see two much slower cars lead a procession because of the amusement value? Why is that amusing?
Oh lets guess, you're a fanboy and as long as Lulu does well who cares about the sport.
Personally I don't give a **** who does well as long as we have a decent race and the best driver on the day wins, there lies the difference between a fanboy and an F1 fan.

Dave - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 11:48 PM

I have already explained why in my post quite clearly. But since you don't appear to have read it before letting loose (does that happen a lot?), let me reiterate: I find Monaco to be the most overblown race on the calendar, yet bewilderingly the people on the tv keep telling us that it's the best. It is almost universally processional and, I suspect, only actually interesting to those who are there enjoying the non-racing entertainment too (which people watching on the tv have no access to). Therefore it would amuse me greatly to have an ridiculously processional race, with a long train of cars nose to tail for the whole thing, which it looks like the quali/race form of the Mercedes may just allow to happen. Finally those in charge might have to acknowledge to true nature of the race then, or at least they would be made to sweat a bit.

Your obsession with Lewis Hamilton has you seeing me praising him in my post somehow, whereas if you'd actually read it (with your eyes) you'd see a c

Dave - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 11:49 PM

.... criticism.

A true F1 wants the good races to be promoted and the poor ones to be seen for what they are. That way, the BBC doesn't splurge full coverage on a race like Monaco, as it did last year.

Taipan

May 24, 2013 12:08 AM

Dave, compared to some of the contributors on this site I'm fairly new to the sport, my affair with F1 started in '76 and during that time I probably have more memories of the Monaco GP than any other. I'm not saying it's the greatest race track, for me that would be Spa but for spectacle and ever lasting memories it's probably Monaco and for you to think that it would be amusing to see ANY race become a procession behind two slow cars suggests to me that you are not a real F1 fan. Because real fans of F1 want a great race, just like real fans of boxing want a great fight or real fans of football want a great match, it's not all about who wins.

Napiat - Unregistered

May 24, 2013 12:58 AM

I think Ros Brawn should make roberg and lewis come to a deal if they are in real contention for a 1-2 pole.

He should tell them if they quali 1-2 or even 1-3 the person who qualis 2nd or 3rd should hold up the rest of the cars behind for the first pitstop and let the other build up a 25 second gap , this will enable one of the mercs to win if not come second which would be there best finish, at Monaco it would count.

Can you imagine if they used this strategy or team orders, and Merc won the race !!!!

This race is going to be a borefest anyway with hardly any overtakes outside the pits and front wings flying everywhere , such a crap street track