F1 » HAVE YOUR SAY: How should FIA deal with Mercedes test row?

The fall-out from Sunday's news that Mercedes and Pirelli had conducted three days of testing in Barcelona has now come to rest with the FIA, but how should the governing body react?

richard

May 29, 2013 6:42 PM

rob. at least it was a round loophole! no doubt tht mercs lawyers are working on it though. funny though, teams that are usually called cheats (see sb posts) such as Ferrari and red bull, could not find any loophole! but I think tat there may be collusion from above???? hope I am wrong though.

sb. you seem to be rowing back a bit. I wasn't just accusing macca, but there have been several items which have technically been illegal, but have been allowed. dd, f duct, ddrs,coanda exhausts , whereas others such as blown hubs, active suspension, bent floors, etc have been caught before use and banned. there is no consistency in the decisions. accusations of cheating by any team could be taken very seriously, and I sggest that if you really believe that certain items are illegal, you should inform the fia, whose scrutineers seem to be unable to do the job that they are paid for. but remember, just because YOU think they are illegal, doesn't make them illegal!

SB - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 6:58 PM

Similarly Richard, just because YOU think they were misinterpretations of the rules or pushing the rules to the limit, doesn't mean they are NOT ILLEGAL. See the tide flows both ways. And I am not rowing anywhere.Anyways just because some team have been cheating far longer than others doesn't mean they will always be the top of the lot when cheating.And don't give me that scrutineer's job BS.How many times it has happened that what scrutineer's found legal was not found in accordance to the FIA rules?I find it surprising that you refuse to accept that RBR has ever cheated instead attacking me for calling them cheats or for that matter me accepting that all teams cheat.Wow, I guess blind fanboyism really rules the roost here and you seem to call yourself unbiased for most part.But anyways everyone has an opinion so I will just agree to disagree with you.And no matter how much ever we discuss,FIA will do what it wants to do and I highly doubt if they care what fans actually think. If it

SB - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 6:59 PM

If it was upto the fans, F1 would have cars with minimum aero,maximum mechanical grip,1000 bhp engines revving upto 20,000 RPM and drivers having to drive stick shifts with clutch pedals!!

richard

May 29, 2013 7:25 PM

sb. it is ot me who says such things are not illegal, but the fia. they are the enforcers of the rules, and if they say red bull are not cheating, then that is accepted by me.
but this has gone away off topic, mainly by your accusations of cheating by one specific team, who had nothing to do with the tyre test, other than the fact that they refused to do a test as it would have been illegal!!!!! so in fact, they were more moral than merc.

35edme

May 31, 2013 3:28 AM

Crash, give us the facts and we can propose a suitable punishment. Tell us what the contract with Pirelli says so that we may reconcile it with the other contracts. Contradictory contracts would be difficult to enforce. The facts please.

Simon - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 8:36 AM

I can fully understand the need for tyre testing but let's be honest: the types are rubbish and turned racing into economy runs.

If there was a breach of rules then the team must be punished and the best way perhaps is to ban them for a race and not allow any testing before the next race? It may be harsh to filter it down to the drivers but it is them who gain any advantage.

I am sure that the pro people will climb all over this one.

« 3 4 5 6 7