F1 » Hamilton urged to focus

Lewis Hamilton warned to regain his focus by former F1 racer John Watson

Filter Comments: All | Registered

gripp9k - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 5:07 PM

Its quite possible Nico is the most underrated driver in F1. He smashed Michael Schumacher during his comeback, which I think everyone assumed was due to Michael having just lost a step or two, including myself. Now, he's been out performing one of the top 4 drivers in F1- his dad is Keke Rosberg- Nico is dedicated, quick, and a very smart racer- I think by the end of this year this will be decided. Its not fair imo to simply say Hamilton is "off his game" because he's being beat by Nico- rather, Nico is a fast, fast dude and if he continues this trend, I hope he gets the respect he deserves.

slayer - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 5:35 PM

@ gripp9k, glad to see someone writing sense at last.

I agree there is nothing wrong with Lewis he is just being outperformed by his teammate who is getting the better of lewis where i did not expect any driver too, over one lap. I would put Lewis over any driver in any era over one lap but Nico has caused me to think again. Remember Lewis is fresh from hitting the 2009 WDC 17-3 in quali in 2012 and Nico is beating Lewis in quali and in practice by 2 tenth so Lewis will have to dig really deep. As for his life style Lewis is the most marketable F1 driver even bigger than the great James Hunt people are just going to have to get use to it.

Taz

June 03, 2013 5:39 PM

@slayer

I thought it was a driving contest, not a marketing contest.

Personally don't give a monkeys about marketing appeal, prefer drivers like Kimi who let their driving do the talking.

Taipan

June 03, 2013 6:04 PM

Sodesu, How is taking your DOG to an F1 race a cultural preference?
I'm pretty sure most of Lulu's more stupid decisions are based on him being a bit dim rather than any culture preference!
Richard, The topiary work is quite something, I wonder if he's going to submit the DOG to a similar hairdo and perhaps a few tattoos and and an earring or two!

slayer - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 6:29 PM

Taz, this is 2013 and any decent sports person with good looks and natural talent will be a big seller to the public, Mclaren knew it and Mercedes know's it that's why he's walking his dog. Im a Lewis fan because he is the most exciting f1 driver i have seen his marketability for me had nothing to do with me supporting him his marketability has just evolved over the years he has been driving and linking up with pussy cat girl as just taken the Lewis Hamilton show to another level the Beckham and Spice of F1. No wonder Sky did not think twice in bailing out the BBCFI knowing that people would flood over to SKY to watch you know who.

Mark Danica's career has been pushed by the Go Daddy team even since she has left Indy car where as Lewis's fame is just pure and happening.

Senna forever

June 03, 2013 6:29 PM

if I'm correct all the circuits state that no dogs are allowed on site, surely that applies to both sides of the track,
I rate LH quite highly but he's falling into the Mansell category, good all the time his crash helmets on but is a bit of a **** when he takes it off I have to say,

richard

June 03, 2013 7:09 PM

slayer.."i would put lulu over any driver of any era, over one lap..." well, I guess that you have not been watching f1 for very long. for instance, schumi was a driver who could put in a fantastic lap when needed (and could do it consistently) , senna was the master of a fast quali lap, moss was able to put in stunning laps for poles etc etc, need I go on. and just for good measure, I think seb has also shown that he has been able to out perform lulu in that respect too.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »