F1 » Vettel extends Red Bull deal

Sebastian Vettel extends his stay with Red Bull Racing for at least one more season

Giveway

June 13, 2013 12:10 PM

Well Richard, born in Woking, however most of the family moved to Australia, where I spend all of my spare time when I am not going places.

Cars aren't designed and built as a "base" when the team has a plan. A cars weight used to be planned around its heavier driver, thus allowing better placement of the ballast for the lighter driver, now that changed with KERS. So unless you can regale me with legitimate facts, I believe you are just surmising with personal opinion as to how you think things should work. Now that's just my personal opinion of course. lol

richard

June 13, 2013 1:19 PM

giveway. woking? then maybe you are the lousy designer in macca! :D :D

of course all cars are built to a base. cars are built to a design that is in accordance with fia rules. and all cars are built well below minimum weight. I doubt that there is a single car on the grid, where the heaviest driver does not need ballast to bring it up to the minimum weight. even the size of the cockpit is designated so as to allow taller drivers to fit.
do you honestly believe that macca would build a car with push rod front suspension for button if he wanted it as opposed to pullrod? or are you intending to blame button for macca changing to pull rod, because button claimed he had input into it.

for a person who is claiming to be working for a team for the last 5 years, you seem to be unaware of how the design of a car evolves.

I will be in the pits at hungaroring in july, maybe you should identify yourself to me?

BUGOY

June 13, 2013 4:42 PM

@WTF if he is as veteran as any wdc driver out there then he should be picking where is best to overtake van der garde. patience is a virtue. and i don't give a hoot about vettel. for all i care he can wag that finger of his all day.

Giveway

June 14, 2013 7:11 AM

You know Richard, there are so many steps, in designing alone an F1 car, and you have skipped like 120 of those design steps and gone straight to build mode. F1 teams have already started designing and building next seasons car, they know what they are doing, they know every little detail about what they are going to do pertaining to car design. This is hard when a team has no driver to liken the car to, this is the only time a team will develop a car to a "base" as you put it, however this isn't normal and even then, the car will never be completed. Not to mention the updates relevant to the "lead" driver! McLaren's design team is a good one, Neil knows what he is doing.

Sorry Richard, I wont have 'this' inane discussion with you.
You have made perfectly clear your knowledge on this matter and I am more than happy to leave it there.

As for Hungary, I will not be in attendance. My own 18 years experience within Formula1 has gone through three teams and a few different roles, now

walrus909

June 14, 2013 7:49 PM

@Richard, Giveway et al. It's funny that F1 designers, team managers, engineers etc. come to little ole Crash to air out their opinions. Are drivers next? Seems that as tight a family that F1 is, you to would already know each other.

richard

June 14, 2013 9:23 PM

walrus. no, I never claimed to work for a tem, but I do have a nephew who does, so I usually get one invite per year. but to see the actual race, it is actually better to see it on tv!
but giveway appears a little confused, having been in f1 for five years, and then says 18 years! and then chickens out of a meeting. maybe his team is an x box team?

« 1 2 3 4 5