F1 » Wolff: Hamilton 'surprised' by Rosberg pace

Toto Wolff says Lewis Hamilton may have been surprised by the pace of Nico Rosberg as he shows support for the 2008 F1 champion

lDylan

June 13, 2013 8:07 PM

Lewis lost the Monaco GP victory in sector 1 in qualifying as he was still warming his tires he got 3 tenths back in the rest of the lap but he has had issues warming the front tire. Seems like in Canada he was much better and as he said now he has the confidence to warm the tire I doubt Rosberg will be in front of him again.

Taipan

June 13, 2013 8:46 PM

Dylan, So IF Lulu had realised that you're meant to warm the tyres during the out lap and not the flying lap he would have won the race?

Hmm getting on for 7 years in F1 and still not sure when to warm his tyres, kind of falls into my underachieving claim doesn't it?

lDylan

June 13, 2013 9:41 PM

@Taipan he couldn't generate enough heat with just the outlap. the secret test changed that even Rosberg has said the balance of the car has changed with a not very happy face and Hamilton said it changed for the better while smiling. All we can do is wait the next race and see if what I'm saying is right or wrong!
I'm not taking anything away from Rosberg he seems to drive a car at it's maximum while Hamilton is more of the driver to take the car to the next level.

Senna forever

June 13, 2013 11:11 PM

@ taipan,
2007 against Alonso .... what help exactly?
2008 he won it ..... end of !!!!
Lauda won from prost by 0.5 point in the mid eighties, Lauda still won it !!!
2009 beat Heikki by 27 points, don't know why you left that statistic out you wanted to mention the others
2013 Rosberg has won a so far, LH hasn't !!!
you missed the points total from this year too but I can help with that as well LH currently leading Nico by 20 points including Nicos race win.....
you think the guy's over-rated I totally get that but statistics can be bent every which way to suit an argument ... and I get that too
hope I've helped out in some small way... btw, I'm not a fanboy, I'm not bothered about who wins as long as the Vettel / Red Bull steam roller can be cos in my view it's predictably boring just like the Schumacher / Ferrari days. I can't wait fot the end of season when Bernie's telling us yet AGAIN that viewing figures are up ...BULLSH1T

Taipan

June 13, 2013 11:31 PM

Forever,

2007 - Ron Dennis "We are racing against Alonso" If that's not enough for you, the FiA put an independent observer in the McLaren garage at Brazil to ensure Alonso got equal treatment after his tyres were under-inflated at previous qualifying sessions.

27 points ahead of Heikki, I didn't comment on the points gap because this is a guy that couldn't even keep a Caterham seat so it's nothing to brag about!

Lauda won by half a point in '84 and anyone who thinks that Lauda was a better driver than Prost is barking mad.

20 points ahead of Rosberg this season, Do you forget that Rosberg has had 2 mechanical failures and was the victim of team orders?

Next time you pick an argument with me at least think it through first because that was a pathetic attempt at proving me wrong.

Jamal22

June 13, 2013 11:55 PM

I don't know why the ooh aah Rosberg has only got on the podium once in 7 races!! in how many races, finished ahead of Lewis twice in 7 (2 without the dnf) started 3 times in front of Lewis 3 times out of 7.... and Remember Lewis is new to Merc.

Jamal22

June 14, 2013 12:07 AM

Taipan

2007 - Ron Dennis "We are racing against Alonso"

2013 - Radio "Pires we are racing Button" it still does happen nowadays. Or are we talking about the same Alonso who the team asked Massa to move out of the way for. The main fact here is that Since Lewis stepped into an F1 car only 2 drivers have won a WDC and thats Button who was driving a spaceship and Vettel. Alonso choked 3 times. Webber and Massa choked once each.

Taipan

June 14, 2013 12:12 AM

Jamal, This might be hard for you to follow but I'm going to try.....

7 races

Rosberg's didn't finish 2 thanks to car failure, that leaves 5 races that both finished.

2 of them Lulu finished ahead.

and

2 of them Rosberg finished ahead.

That's 2 each, with me so far?

That leaves one race, where Rosberg was all over Lulu but was told not to pass him.

Without team orders protecting Lulu it would be 3-2 to Rosberg. FACT

(and I still don't rate Rosberg)

Jamal22

June 14, 2013 12:24 AM

If they tell Rosberg to stay behind Lewis when did that became our problem

Did they tell Webber to maintain his gap behind Vettel? does that mean Webber is better?

They did tell Massa to maintain a sec gap behind Alonso in Korea 2012

They asked Massa who was 2 sec ahead to get out of the way for Alonso,

They told Barrichello and Massa to move over for Schumacher.

The Fact of the matter was who crossed the line

« 1 2 3 4 5  »