F1 » Hamilton: I can still challenge for the title

Lewis Hamilton says he feels he can still challenge for the F1 title this season despite being 55 points down on Sebastian Vettel in the championship

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Livemusik

June 15, 2013 12:36 PM

@Jamal
I was pointing out that you used a poor statistic to support your argument, which instead of perhaps admitting or arguing your case for it, you shot me down saying that it was a response to someone else comment rather than addressing what I said.

I agree with most of what you said, but I believe there was never a point where the ferrari was faster than the McLaren.

The question of Lewis being in contention in 2012 was asked in response to the fanboy drivel. Those who believe that Hamilton would win everything but someone is out to get him etc.

I can answer it myself, the 2012 car was too unreliable. The driver is not greater than the sum of the parts of the car. I don't think we have anything to debate.

Livemusik

June 15, 2013 12:48 PM

@Marques0008

Newey is not 'the ultimate' because Kimi won nothing in a McLaren designed by him. I believe the Red Bull is an excellent car, but one engineer is not responsible for the entire thing.

2. I answered that above.

3. Don't put words in my mouth and tell me what my opinion is. I happen to think Vettel is better than people give him credit for despite the great car but that Alonso is better.

4. Even if Webbers car does get upgrades the race after Vettels does, the difference between the two Red Bulls should not be as great as it is.

Lastly I advise you to look through my comments before telling me I don't want Lewis in F1. The irony is that I defend him against other people on this website. I only started watching in '05 so these 'old days' mean nothing to me. The Tiger Woods comment above implies those who don't like Lewis are racist. I find this laughable as an ethnic minority myself.

Fernandabulous

June 15, 2013 1:28 PM

nothing wrong with saying he can fight for the championship after only seven races, it will be difficult though, his one title was won when he had a complient team mate. can he dominate rosberg enough to have a realistic possibility come the sharp end of the season without rosberg having the same oppertunity, we will have to wait and see on that one. i still feel that 2010 was his best chance, but he went missing after the belgian gp that year with 'two' crashes that he had all on his own. 2011 was the year when McLarens tech team beleived that the McLaren was the best car in the field (Jenson Buttons best season ever apparently), McLaren also went public with their views that Vettel was the one who made the difference that year. Last year was an indication I think of what happens when oppertunities (the McLaren was a pretty reliable car in the previous two seasons) dont get taken, those windows off oppertunity dont always return.

richard

June 15, 2013 1:31 PM

livemusik. to claim that newey is not the ultimate just because kimi did not win in a newey car, is just plain bumpf. have you not considered that the driver might also have something to do with it. newey can produce a championship winning car, but it has to be driven , to win. look at webber for example.

webbers car is the SAME as vettels, apart from some preferences by one or the other. it s the driver that make the ultimate difference.

Jamal22

June 15, 2013 8:28 PM

@livemusik

Am sorry but I beg to differ, most especially when you look at Japan, India or Korea...Where Ferrari made a real Mockery of Mclaren

And didn't Mika Hakkinen win in a Newey Design car?

« 1 2 3 4