F1 » Mercedes accepts ruling, won't launch appeal


Mercedes says it accepts the ruling made by the FIA's International Tribunal and won't launch an appeal against its reprimand and ban from the Young Driver Test

Sort Comments: Oldest | Newest

richard

June 21, 2013 7:09 PM

mark. yes, Bernard gave his viewpoint on the POSSIBILITY of a test, but again he was an individual making a general comment. this prompted Charlie to do his own thing. he should, by rights, have referred this officially to fia for approval, but as his response to Pirelli was qualified, and he expected a response, his actions are mitigated slightly.

kiwibob

June 22, 2013 2:44 AM

Sorry Richard but it is rubbish to say that whiting and the lawyer did not represent the fia in this case the Fia emails were what got merc out of this and was brawn was never to worried .. Im not saying Merc were clean either just clever again .
To the ferrari crowd they carried on a private test after the pirrelli tests were complete but you have been an f1 follower for long enough to know all top teams look for loop holes over the years

F1Rules

June 22, 2013 4:19 AM

I said a week ago that people should stop ranting and raving and wait for the outcome of the tribunal hearing. The argument has now shifted and appears to be that Merc were unsporting and "should have known" that Charlie Whiting did not know what he was doing!

Ross Brawn cannot do his own job, run his team, supervise his engineers, answer to his bosses, etc....and ALSO monitor Charlie Whiting's job description and responsibilities within the FIA!

If the FIA now believe that Whiting's actions have brought the organisation into disrepute, then they should either reprimand or fire him. But that's an internal decision for them to make.

F1Rules

June 22, 2013 4:33 AM

And I agree with Mark in the discussion above.

Charlie Whiting is one individual, but he is not some individual who walked in off the high street. He is a designated FIA representative. If he emails Merc back and forth about the validity of a technical issue, what are they to do??

richard

June 22, 2013 7:45 AM

kiwi. it was made fully clear both at the tribunal and on the sky show last night, that Charlie ALWAYS states that it is OPINION that he is giving, and that he is not the arbiter.
a major breach of the regs HAS to be approved by fia and all teams.

35. it has already been reported that Charlie is being replaced as RACE DIRECTOR by ascanelli. so yes, I do believe that Charlie has some responsibility and will go, but brawn was the one who opted to go by an opinion rather that an agreement.

35edme

June 22, 2013 5:35 PM

@ Rich, at the start of this to do, I cautioned that some posters should try to be more objective and go with available facts not rumors or opinions. I stated that all shown so far pointed to either no guilt or three equally guilty parties. We know the result of the hearing. If you are willing to accept the verdict per Mercedes, why can't you accept the remainder of the verdict. No points will be lost by Mercedes, Nico or Lewis.

Page 3 of 4
« 1 2 3 4  »

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.