F1 » Prost: Being quick will no longer be enough

Alain Prost believes that the change in engine rules for 2014 will herald a new era for F1 - one in which drivers will have toi think even more about their technique.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Stuey99

June 25, 2013 12:10 PM

I like Alain Prost. Everyone hates him because he was Senna's rival but without him Senna would have had it easy.
Seems a nice bloke too - not a ex-driver who feels he needs to comment on everything just to stay in the limelight.

richard

June 25, 2013 1:15 PM

stuey. alain still retains an interest in motor sport. he is a regular in the ice racing series during the winter. no slouch either! and his son is also a potential f1 driver.

back to topic...in the old turbo days, the drivers had to learn a different form of driving to cope with the turbo lag, even though it was fairly minimal. I wonder if a trace of lag wll still be present in the new engines? if so, those drives who end to begin accellerating in the corner, such as Alonso, could well have a benefit.

runnah

June 25, 2013 2:17 PM

@ richard

I would be shocked if there was any lag at all. I imagine to will be similar to the anti-lag systems in most other turbo racing cars.

Although if I hear f1 cars popping and barking like an old group-B car I am going to have a joy seizure.

MikeLitoris

June 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Richard

Whilst Nicolas Prost is a competent driver in sportscars and A1GP etc he will never in a million years be considered a potential F1 race driver.
He is over 30 now and is a part of the Lotus team due to who he is / knows in the same way Susie Wolff is at Williams

SparkyTheBlackCat

June 25, 2013 2:51 PM

Prost is a gentleman. I think he was as good a technical driver as Senna, and to be honest, he was more of a gentleman than Senna. He has got a rough deal over the years, simply because he was Senna's nemesis.

He has gravitas, and speaks with a very keen insight, into the F1 world of today. I'd love to hear him commentating! I don't have favourite drives, but look at them all without emotion. I wonder how well Force India will go at Silverstone. Di Resta get's a bit of a rough rap as well, as everyone concentrates on what he says out of context. I can't wait for next year, and the new engines.

stevyweavy

June 25, 2013 3:31 PM

mrfill

Not a Prost fan in the least but makes a pleasant change reading some constructive and informative article from a past driver who is not taking the opportunity at moaning about how current drivers have never had it so good

1 2 3  »