F1 » Webber confirms Porsche sportscar move

Mark Webber confirms he will quit F1 at the end of the season to make the switch to sportscars

2007to2008

June 27, 2013 8:35 PM

Webber is a very nice man but for the sake of F1 entertainment we need to have the best team in F1 to have a proper top driver to take on Vettel and with Lewis and Alonso under a contract it leaves Kimi as the only other top driver who wont be under a contract come the end of this season.

Texas Roadhouse

June 27, 2013 9:23 PM

Good for Mark - I wish him well - but the F1 paddock will be the worse for his departure - one of the straight and honest guys.

And going into a class, if anything, more technically advanced than F1.

Well done mate.

And read Andrew Benson's appreciation of Webber on the BBC site - excellent piece.

FreeJack

June 27, 2013 9:53 PM

It's not a surprise, but it does make me sad to see. F1 will be a lot less interesting without Webber in it, to me. Red Bull's constructors opposition has to be happy to see it, though. I'm sure Webber will do well with Porsche in the Endurance Championship and I'm hoping he writes a "tell all" about his time with Red Bull's F1 program.

Bobkp

June 27, 2013 10:09 PM

@Carmen

"He hasn't won anything"

Ummm... except 9 Formula 1 GP's. Is this a little too hard for you to understand, or do I need to draw you a picture.

Never mind, you're clearly a *****, so I won't waste my time.

Bobkp

June 27, 2013 10:14 PM

@richard

Are you catching Carmen's disease? Please point out exactly where I said Webber was number 1 at Red Bull or better than Vettel?

I simply corrected the, quite obviously not too bright Carmen, when it stated that Webber was a loser, not a contender and never was.

Knowing that you do actually watch F1 and are a fan, I'm sure you can agree that looney tunes Carmen is in fact wrong.

Carmen Centennial Jr.

June 27, 2013 10:43 PM

@Bobkp Obviously you have a thing for Webber. He is done in F1 and never accomplished anything. He is another Ruebens, and Felipe. He is no Button, Vettel, Kimi, Schumacher, Hamilton, or Alonso. He has done nothing in his 100 years of racing. He has and deserves no respect. Vettel did more than him during his first year than he did in all of his.

Taz

June 28, 2013 12:18 AM

CCJ

"He has and deserves no respect"

Utter b*ll**** on both counts, he has respect from racing fans and he deserves it. Always admired his honesty. Not a massive Webber fan and I don't support a specific driver but he'll be missed. He deserves respect.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »