F1 » Are you a Lewis Hamilton fan?

Join us on Facebook and Twitter and be part of Crash.net's social circle...

richard

July 12, 2013 2:43 PM

mikelite. were you following f1 in 2007? and I am not being sarcastic. every media story was about lulu, how he was going to anaihilate every other driver, how he was going to get 10 wdcs in a row etc etc. and what was the outcome? ONE wdc, and a string of 4th and 5ths in the wdc, even when he had what the experts considered to be the best car. unfortunately, he got some fanboys at the beginning, and they continually fail to see that whereas he is a good driver, he is not the new senna that he claimed he was. I have nothing against him, but I do have an aversion to his fanboys, who think that he can do no wrong. since moving to merc, out of his protected comfort zone, he has shown that nico is as good as he is.
as regards vettel, most respected pundits do say he is exceptional, and saying that webber is not a good number 2, will bring down the wrath of the aussies on you!

MikeLite

July 12, 2013 3:16 PM

Oh I agree has probably had more hype then any other driver in the sport by far.
And I also agree he does have a ridiculous amount of followers who do not no a thing about the sport.
I personally work in the lower levels of motorsport and have seen a lot of the latest crop work their way up through the ranks to get to F1 but to be fair Hamilton did stand out from day one. He first came to my attention around 1997/1998 I Think in the European Formula A Karting Championship, great series against the likes of Rosberg, Kubica etc.. The guy was phenomenal it was obvious he was going places.
Again in F Renault, F3, GP2 he beat all comers so I guess the hype was sort of justified

KevinW

July 12, 2013 4:02 PM

Lewis has the skill and talent to be a great driver, without the prerequisite temperament and discipline it takes to achieve that status. No fan of Lu Lu, but highly respectful of what he can do in a car - and a little sick of him at the same time. He'd be a "massive" success with a dose of Vettel's hardness and focus, who is improving over time - while Hamilton has not.

Taipan

July 12, 2013 4:36 PM

OTOH, I think the question was asked to try and out the few remaining fanboys. You seem like a decent chap so if there's a knock at your door just ignore it, I wouldn't want to see you getting shipped off to the Gulags!

ghog

July 12, 2013 6:52 PM

Am I a fan of LH?

I Could have been - IF he had leant more towards letting the racing do the talking. A Big IF.

Reckon his time has absolutely Gone.

Also - Certainly not a fan of his Troll Fan Boys at all!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »